Monday, August 30, 2010

Getting Dirty

This past weekend, Mr. Hunt and I went down to Bluffton again to be with my family. We celebrated my parents 25th wedding anniversary (more on that tomorrow) and had a great time.
Sunday morning/afternoon I was getting very antsy and was annoyed because the boys (Mr. Hunt, Dylan, and Davis) had been playing video games all morning. I get so bored when they do that, so I told them to "turn it off, and lets do something fun!" We decided to play wiffle ball!
At first we had the dogs outside with us, but that didn't work as you could imagine. If River caught the ball he would run away so we couldn't get the runner out. If Charlie got the ball, it was history. He never gives the ball/toy back! Hannah was just laying in outfield eating grass. We decided we were going to get serious about the game so we put the dogs inside.
It was The Fiances vs. The Brothers. It ended with Dylan hitting a walk-off home run to win the game. They celebrated at home plate like it was a "real" serious game or something. We played another game for a while until we had to stop for a water break. Once we got inside, we never made it back out. Lets just say that my team (me and Dylan) won that time.
All four of us were covered in dirt. We played barefoot of course so our feet were black (dirt and some people stepped in dog poo too), we had bug bites all over, and we were sweating like crazy. Sometimes it feels good to just have a good sweat. It reminded me of when I was growing up. I played outside all day everyday and would come home just like that. For some reason I never wore shoes when I was little. My Mom and Dad never made me.
A little while after that, the dogs had their turn. They ran in the creek behind my parents house. They were covered in mud! River's was up to his chest, and Hannah's was up to her neck. They loved that too.
This is what country living is about. You never wear shoes, you get dirty, you take golf cart rides with dogs, and you enjoy the outdoors as much as possible.
I actually really like getting dirty like that. Lets do that again boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting