Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Phone Free

Ive been really torn lately about our family phones. Most people probably feel the same way so I'm just going to do something about it.

Mr. Hunt and I are both pretty bad about always being on our phones. There are so many temptations on them with all the social media apps, texts, emails, games etc. I'm very guilty of this same thing so I'm not blaming this all on Mr. Hunt, but I get my feelings hurt when I say something to Mr. Hunt and when I done get a response, I look over to see he is on his phone. Most of the time he is laughing to himself or smiling which means he is hang an awesome fun conversation with someone else. I get jealous.

Like I said, I'm guilty of the same thing. Naturally then we done really ever have "family time" or "alone time." We always have other people right there on the phones with us.

PUT YOUR PHONE AWAY AND BE WITH THE PEOPLE WHO ARE ACTUALLY HERE WITH YOU!

I also find myself doing this to Jane. Being a stay at home Mom means there are lots of times where I can go on my phone and "escape." I find myself doing this and then look over at Jane and instantly feel bad. She probably sees me looking at the phone and ignoring her.

A friend of mine also posted this video from YouTube and its 100% true and sad.

http://www.artthesystem.com/2013/12/after-i-saw-this-i-put-down-my-phone.html

Get a reality people.

Enough about all this. Here is my solution. I urge you to do something similar too.

I'm going to vow right now that I will not go on my phone to look at Facebook, Instagram, Emails, or Games from the time Jane wakes up, to the time she goes down for a nap. Yes, I will still use the phone for its purpose if someone calls me or I need to make a phone call. Also if someone texts me I will of course answer it as well. Then when she goes down for a nap, I can look at whatever I want to. Then once again when she wakes up, I will put it away until bedtime.

I will encourage Mr. Hunt to do the same but he has it a little harder since his personal phone is also his work phone. He still needs to be able to use it and look at it more even when it doesn't ring. But I will encourage him to not look at Facebook and his personal email until Jane is in bed.

Then maybe a few nights a week we can extend the no phone thing until bedtime for us as well so that we can enjoy each others company.

I'm already feeling more free just talking about what I'm going to do.....starting NOW!

Ill let you know how it goes.

Love,
Jennifer


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting