Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year 2014!!

I seriously cannot believe that it is already 2014. This past year flew by, but when I try to think back at all the stuff we've done, it seems like the beginning of 2013 was a long long time ago. Weird how that works.



Anyway, we didn't do much last night since we have a sleeping baby that we can't just leave at home sleeping while we go out and celebrate. So, we made a yummy dinner of steaks, lobster tails, corn, collards, and twice baked potatoes. Then Mr. Hunt watched football while I organized some very old pictures in a new picture organizer I got for Christmas. Then I ate my last James Brown cupcake of the year and we toasted at midnight with some yummy champagne and went to sleep since Mr. Hunt went hunting this morning and yes, I still have a baby who wakes up at 8am every morning no matter what time I stay awake till.


Ive never been a huge resolution person. I make goals for myself a lot actually, but never really felt like I needed to do it right on January 1st. Some goals take longer than a year and a lot don't take that long so I just make my goals when I feel like making them.


There is one thing though this year that I'm really going to try to do differently and since Christmas is over, I am officially trying my best to do this. I really need to try hard not to wish days away. I do this A LOT!!! I wished a lot of days away when Jane was first born. I couldn't wait for her to have a cute personality, I couldn't wait for her to sleep throughout the night, I couldn't wait for her to sit up, crawl, walk....you get the point. Now I'm looking back wishing I had some of those days back.

I also wished a lot of days away counting down to times when we would see family and holidays. Of course those times are all still fun to count down until or be excited about, but I literally didn't want to do much in the week or so before seeing family just because I wanted to pack up right then and go.


I realize how fast these years are going. Even in looking at the old pictures I was organizing last night. The years really do fly by, and even though its scary to think about, we really don't know when God will call us to heaven. Or even our loved ones.


I need to take each day like the blessing from God that it is. I need to slow down on all my to do lists and sit and play with Jane more. I need to get out and be outside. I need to plan more fun activates with Mr. Hunt and Jane. I need to take care of myself more. I need to spend more time in the Bible.

So here I am writing all the things that I could do differently, but really it just comes down to that one thing....slow down and don't wish away my life.


This is what I'm going to try to do this year. I'm going to live in the present and enjoy what is right in front of me.

What about y'all? Do you make resolutions? Any that are different from the normal lose weight and organize ones?

Here is Jane banging on some pots and pans at her midnight (8pm)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_3WDMIA2_k


Love,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting