Thursday, January 23, 2014

13 Months

Jane turned 13 months old this past Sunday and I totally forgot to do an update on here. To be honest, I wasn't sure if I was going to continue these updates or not, but once the month started and she continued to do so many new things, I just wrote it all down like I did before, so here we are.

I definitely have stopped with the monthly pictures. It was getting way to hard to get her to sit still in that chair. I also figured that y'all see so many pictures of Jane on this blog anyway, there is no way you would forget what she looks like.

OK! Lets get started!

Jane has definitely started to throw tantrums. They aren't as bad as I'm sure they will end up being, but she definitely throws them. Its more like her hitting things (our faces) and getting frustrated. Its hard at this age since she can't verbalize what exactly she wants. I would throw tantrums too if I couldn't say anything and was getting mad.

Doesn't she look like a little girl instead of a baby now?


Her new favorite thing to do is to put things away. She will dump things out of a box and one by one put them back. She has a few toys that she can do this with, but she also does it with my hair clips in the bathroom and her dirty clothes in the laundry basket.


She's getting a lot better at copying sounds that we make. She still says the same 4 words she said last month and still no mama!

She learned how to blow kisses this month and its the cutest thing. She also learned to high five.

One of the biggest things was that we got rid of the bottle and stopped having formula. I did it all at once and was a little worried, but Jane did great and there was no turning back. She had her last bottle on January 6th. I'm going to make a YouTube video about this if you want to know more.


She had her first sip of cows milk on January 2nd. She hates it. She won't drink it and Ive tried everything I feel like. Let me know if you have any suggestions on what I can do.

We celebrated her first birthday party at my parents house in South Carolina while we were there for Christmas. She had a great time.

We also celebrated her 2nd Christmas. It was a lot differnet than last year when she was only 6 days old. This year she was very interested in the wrapping paper and tissue.


We had an oyster roast at my parents house during Christmas Break and it would be wrong of me not to mention it as being her first oyster roast. The things that I want to remember are strange.

She can now climb stairs. We don't have stairs at our house, but we do have one little step going into the sun room and she has mastered that. She used to crawl up and down it even once she was walking, but she all of the sudden decided to try to step down and step up and she is a pro at it now. Sometimes she even runs up and down it.


She is now into everything. She got into a few kitchen cabinets this month where she actually found food and started eating it. She also found and got into the dog food a few times. The things that she didn't know about or ignored before are now starting to come to light for her and we are constantly having to put things up high like the dog water bowl.

She has also mastered climbing up and down on and off the ottoman in our living room. She could get up before, but she recently taught herself how to get down. I never taught her, I just saw her trying to do it on her own once and was really surprised.

She also rocked her first pony tail! haha! It didn't last long in there.


She can only say those 4 words from last month, but she knows alot of words that I didn't realize. She knows "sit down" "baby" "water" "paci" and a few more. She probably knows a lot more that I don't even know about. If I say "where is...." she knows she is supposed to look for something.


She talks a lot. When I say talk, I mean baby talk. It is rare that she is quiet. She is always ambling about something. Most of the time she is pretending to read a book.

She dances to every type of music. Even if its a commercial on TV, she starts dancing. Its so cute!


She also started to eat off baby plates this month. Before this, I have always just put her food on the highchair tray because she would always dump the plate on the floor. I took a risk and tried again with the plates and its been working out. I think she likes to have a plate like Mommy and Daddy.


That's pretty much it for this month. I don't think she got any taller and I'm not sure about weight either.

I made a 13 month update just like this with the same info into a video on YouTube. It may be boring since its the same info, but it has Jane in it with me, and she is always super cute, so check it out if you want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbBpgMe3nSc

Love,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting