Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Miss Independent

In the past few weeks Jane has decided that she wants to do everything on her own. Some things I let her do, and others I question.

The main thing is feeding herself. She eats mostly everything on her own, but I still used to feed her things with a spoon like yogurt and applesauce when needed. Just recently that became impossible. She would swat and grab at the spoon like she wanted to do it. Well, she didn't quite understand the whole spoon thing, so I just put the yogurt or applesauce on the plate now and she feeds herself.





She is also trying her hardest to get out of her car seat on her own. She knows exactly which buttons to push, but she isn't quite strong enough...thank goodness.

She tries to climb into her stroller when she is ready to go on a walk. She tries to climb into the bathtub when she wants a bath. The other main issue is the walking in public.

Since Jane has been officially walking for almost 3 months now, she is really good at it. She doesn't fall anymore. When we are out and about, she ALWAYS wants to walk. The problem is that she doesn't want to hold our hands, and she wants to run. She is too young to understand about running in parking lots or in front of others walking. She has almost made a few people trip over her in stores. I'm really torn about this issue. I'm hoping that as she gets older she will learn to hold our hands and stay with us.

Right now, if we go into a store, she HAS to be in a stroller or cart. Otherwise, if we are holding her she squirms and yells to get down. Which is why I actually just bought this new carrier that I'm super excited about.


Its the Boba 3G. Its very similar to the Ergo baby carrier, but I did my research and most Moms liked this one better (and it was cheaper). Ive never been the type to always carry Jane around. I like her being independent. I don't want her to be always attached to me. But in the last few weeks, Ive found myself wishing I had one of these. Instead of always having to get the stroller out for short trips into a store, I can just strap her in. Also, most evenings, Jane has had enough with the day and seems to want to be held right when I'm trying to make dinner. Some nights Mr. Hunt isn't home yet and I'm conflicted and other evenings she doesn't even want him, she just wants me. Hopefully I can strap her in and cook away. Lastly, I'm most excited that Ill hopefully be able to walk the fur babies again. Right now there is no way that I can walk the fur babies while also pushing a stroller. Jane and I go outside a lot just to walk around and have a change of scenery. Its sad when I leave because I wish I could bring the fur babies. They do still get walked when Mr. Hunt and I go on walks, but its not that often.

So as much as I love having Jane be independent (most of the time) and explore things on her own, sometimes Miss Independent needs to be strapped down.

Love,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting