Thursday, October 6, 2011

Some New Information

This title doesn't really mean anything. I just didn't know what else to call it.
First things first, I went couponing at Harris Teeter yesterday and I saved more than I spent. I think Ive only done this one other time, so I was pretty excited. I think the reason this doesn't happen more often is because I usually mix the coupon shopping with shopping for things that we need too that aren't necessarily on sale. So anyway, look what I got!
I got 5 boxes of pasta, 4 rolls of toilet paper, a frozen supreme yummy pizza, 4 cans of the fur babies favorite canned food, two boxes of broth (one chicken and one beef), feta cheese, and shredded cheddar cheese.
TOTAL SPENT: $17.84
TOTAL SAVED: $20.11

That felt good. Now who wants some spaghetti (no seriously, good thing I love pasta)

In other news, remember how I said that I wanted to become more artsy (I guess that's what we can call it). Well I'm starting out a little slow because I don't have many supplies. Once I buy tools and fabric and materials though, then Ill be set and the crafts will become cheaper and cheaper. For now, I am spreading out the spending so that Mr. Hunt doesn't have a heart attack. I don't think he is really on board yet with my craftiness. I will prove him wrong though.
So, I decided that in order to be able to get the things done that I really want to, I need to SLOW DOWN and take one room on at a time. I have been racking my brain and going crazy (crazier than before if you can believe that) with the sticky notes writing down all my ideas. I just need to do one room at a time.
So my first room is the room that doesn't need much help, the kitchen. The kitchen is already painted a color that I approve of, and everything is pretty much in place (remember I got a new rug a few months back?), but there are a few things missing and the cabinets and pantry need some help with organization. With all the wonderful gifts that we have got from the wedding, we were running out of space, so I need to reorganize.
Besides that, there is one more project that I'm going to try to take on myself. Mr. Hunt is VERY scared for me to do this, but I know I can. If I work slow and do my best, it will turn out great. You, on the other hand, will have to be surprised.
Oh yeah, and we have this really ugly (what I call school) light fixture that I want to change out. I definitely need my dad for this, so when he comes up here next, we will work on that too.
My goal is to spend just one month on each room. If it takes a little longer or a little shorter than that's OK too, this is just a guideline.
So to the kitchen I go. I will update along the way. Hopefully by the end of October, the kitchen will be finished. Fingers Crossed.

Love, JRH

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting