Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Jaws Will Drop

So I have news! You wont be so surprised that I did this, but you WILL be surprised that Mr. Hunt joined in.
You want to know? Maybe this picture will help you out....

Yep! You guessed it. We babysat on Saturday night, and man did we have fun. We watched over 5 little kids, from age one to three so they were all pretty young. Mr. Hunt's boss' (who got promoted, so its actually now his boss' boss) wife called me to see if we could babysit 5 children and I jumped at the chance. I love their two kids and I met the other kids at their house once, so I knew them all. They had a last minute birthday party to go to and their regular babysitter wasn't available.
I really wanted Mr. Hunt to come with me, and I thought I would have to beg and plead him to come with me. Mainly because the football game was on at 3:30pm that day, and so we would have to leave the house at halftime to head over there. For some reason, he said yes right away! I was so shocked. Now, don't let me fool you. He didn't jump for joy like I did, and I did have to ask him sweetly, but I certainly didn't have to beg.
Anyway, when we got there, their dinner was already made, I just had to feed them. They all ate on their own except for the one year old who I had to look over. After eating, they played and ran around the house while Mr. Hunt finished watching the game (which ended horribly). Then we sang songs, cleaned up, and put on a movie.
They all sat on the couch like sweet angels and I was so surprised. I thought for sure it was because they must have been tired. Well after I took these pictures of them sitting so nicely.....


It didn't last long. They were soon up and about taking out all the toys that we just cleaned up. Yep, that's kids for you.
Look how sweet little H is...












Don't worry, his boo boo on his nose did not happen while I was watching him.
Mr. Hunt did awesome! I thought for sure he would just sit there and let me take care of everything, but he didn't. He cleaned up the dinner, sang songs with them, danced, and talked to them. I guess it helped that they weren't scared of him like most children are for some reason. They were definitely more comfortable with me first though. One of the girls came up to me and said "what is your boys name?" Then a little later in the night Mr. Hunt when to the bathroom. I asked them, "Hey where did Chris go?" They all ran around the house yelling "Chrisssss....Where are youuuuuu!" They weren't shy at all.
When we got home, one of the first things Mr. Hunt asked me after telling me he was pooped was, "Am I ever going to get to rest when we have kids?"
I reassured him that it would be like that everyday obviously because we wouldnt have 5 kids all under the age of 3 (knock on wood), but he definitely wouldn't be resting all the time.
After our babysitting adventure, I'm pretty sure we are ready for a kid of our own. YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting