Tuesday, October 30, 2012

My Wonderful Baby Shower

I'm so late on writing this post....actually I'm so late on writing alot of posts lately. Seeing as I have low iron (I'm hoping it isn't too low now that Ive been taking my meds), and me just being in the third and LAST trimester, I am SO tired. I thought I was tired in the first trimester, but this is overboard. I literally wake up in the morning, make and eat my breakfast, do one chore of the day, and I'm done. I have to lay down and take a nap. Then it takes all of me to get back up and do more stuff before Mr. Hunt gets home. Its ridiculous!
Anyway, so that's why I haven't been keeping up with the blog. I'm just too tired. Maybe its my body's way of preparing me for when Jane gets here.
So, while Mr. Hunt and I went to go visit family back in the beginning of the month, my two best friends (Brandy and Tatiana) and my mom threw me the perfect baby shower. I couldn't have asked for a better time. I'm so blessed. Thanks to my great friend Kelly for taking pictures. I didn't take a single one, so these are all hers.
I was out for most of the day so that they could decorate the house without me being there, and when I still showed up a little early, I got to spend some quality time with my favorite one year old, Cameron. She is growing so fast and she actually interacted with me this time.


She gave me kisses when I asked, she loved playing with my necklace, and she looked at me and made faces while I talked to her about how much I loved her mommy. I'm so glad I got to spend that time with that little baby. I love her so much. If only we lived closer.
Then people started showing up and the party began. Everyone just mingled around and caught up with old friends. I hadn't seen alot of the people in a long time so it was great to catch up.
Oh, let me just TRY to explain how great the decorations were for this shower. I'm so impressed that they did SUCH a great job and had so much detail to everything.


Brandy and Tatiana made two diaper cakes...well one diaper cake and one diaper stork sack.


 Look at all the gifts Jane got! She is already spoiled!


Here is a close up of Brandy's diaper cake she made. This is her first one ever. Can you believe how great it turned out? The little bows are headbands and there are pacis on there too. Then the little owl stuffed animal I'm sure Jane will LOVE.


They also had little chalkboards all over with little sayings on them. So precious.
Oh, and the food. My mom was in charge of the food, and I'm so glad. She made/bought all my favorite  things and I ate so much. My favorite was the pimento cheese from Jim and Nicks. We don't have that here in Texas, so I asked for that. I'm so glad she got it. YUM!
Then we played a few games. We played the guess whats in the diaper game where there is a melted candy bar in the diaper and you have to guess which candy bar it is. Kinda gross, but funny, Kelly won that one. Then we played the baby food game. You had to taste the baby food and guess which flavor they were, my cousin Melissa won that one. Then we played the guess how big my belly is. They would measure out a piece of yarn to the size they thought my belly was and who ever got closest won. Well, my little cousin Ellie got it EXACTLY right. It was crazy! She did a great job. Then we played the bottle game. Three people had to race to see who could drink the liquid out of the bottle fastest. Apparently its harder than it looks. Tatiana won that won.


The last game we played was after the gifts were opened. While I was opening gifts, my little cousin Ellie tied all the ribbon from the gifts into one long string. Then we all sat in a circle and passed the ribbon string. Whoever the end landed on would be the lady who would have a baby next. Welp, it landed on me! haha!
Jane got SO many great gifts. There was a pattern which I'm not surprised about....gamecock apparel. This girl is going to be a great gamecock fan with all her outfits and pacis.


We also got alot of stuff from our registry which is wonderful since babies need alot of stuff. We also got a bunch of cute outfits and clothes. I'm so excited to dress her in it all. I may have to change her outfit two or three times a day in order for her to be able to wear everything, but that's OK. Ill make sure I take pictures.


All in all it was a great time. I'm so blessed and grateful for my best friends and family.


Not really sure what I would do without these girls. Best girls in the world. I love all three of them so much!
And, Ill leave you with a picture of the baby bump.


A few days later, we had another shower in Charlotte. It was a family get together/shower/engagement party. Ill post about that next!


Love,
Blessed Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting