Thursday, October 18, 2012

26 Week Appointment

This past four weeks flew by for the first time. I'm not really sure why, but I liked it. I felt like I just wrote about my 22 week appointment. I think maybe its because I can feel Jane move around all day everyday that I know she is fine in there and I'm not counting the days to hear her heartbeat as much.
This week Mr. Hunt came with me. Although it was one of those "nothing" appointments, he really wanted to hear her heartbeat with me since he hasn't since week 18. He always giggles when he hears it, and then I do.
This week it took the doctor a few times to find her heartbeat because she was squirming around alot. I felt her moving before the doctor came in, so I wasn't surprised. Her heartbeat was in the 130s and I'm not sure what my belly was measuring. I did ask how Jane was sitting in there because I feel alot more movement in the right side and really low down in my pelvic area. She said her head was down in my pelvic area (which is right where she needs to be), and her little bum is up with her legs curved to the right. Which means I was right, she likes to kick a lot and that's what I'm feeling on my right side. Now when I feel little movements that are lower, I picture her little hands moving around. The doctor even grabbed one of Jane's feet and Jane kicked out of her hand, it was kind of funny, she didn't want to be messed with.
Then I asked more questions, and unlike last time, she spent some time talking to us. All my questions were mainly about hospital stuff, which means we are getting closer and closer! I cant wait! Oh, funny little side note: As much as Ive been rushing this all along, last night I was laying in bed and thinking about how much longer we have and for some reason, this time, I started freaking out and got a ton of butterflies thinking about how soon it really is. I'm not looking forward to my anxiety when the time comes.
Besides all that and talking to her about my cold/sinus infection, we were done! The best part? Now I only have to wait 2 weeks in between each appointment! Then at 36 weeks, I go in EVERY week! Wow!
Next time is when I have to drink that nasty drink and do the glucose test to see if I have diabetes....that should be fun!


Love,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting