Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The Little Me

While my Mom has been going through the attic and the house in general for their soon to be move, she came across alot of memories and fun stuff. She has already shared alot of my baby stuff with me. She has given me some stuff and told me about others, but I think as much as it was probably time consuming for her to go through all that stuff, I think she secretly enjoyed most of it. Who doesn't want to go through their child's old baby clothes and then documents, pictures, and everything else from their kid days?
So, when Mr. Hunt and I went for a visit this past week, she shared some of the best ones with us, and I just couldn't help but take pictures of them all. I have to admit, I was pretty funny when I was little.

First, she had this cute little ID from my preschool


and no, for you creeps out there.....I no longer live their, neither do my parents or anyone I know for that matter. I have a feeling Jane is going to have this hair. White and wavy. Why? Because I had it and so does Mr. Hunt.

Then I just had to take this picture so that I could have it. This is actually a big picture in my old bedroom in my parents house.


My mom did some modeling before and after I was born, so she signed me up for a few gigs when I was little. This was one of them. They had me eat this huge piece of watermelon and also an ice-cream cone for the cover of the Hilton Head Monthly Magazine. They ended up picking one with me and the ice-cream, but I love them all.

Now to the good stuff. Most of these were school assignments that my mom saved for one reason or another. I'm pretty sure the reason is because they are funny. I cant wait until Jane can show her personality and thoughts like this.


I'm not sure if you can read it but it says

"The thing that scares me the most is my small little brother because he pulls my hair and bites me too much. I am scared of too is my cat because he bites and scratches me a one more thing is Halloween because once I bumped into a ghost and I'm scared."
Haha! Seeing as someone wrote 1994 on the ghosts face, means I was 8 when I wrote this. Dylan, who would be the small little brother mentioned was 4. Oh, the minds of little kids.


I dont think this one was an assignment. I think I was just in love with Dylan this day and decided a love note would be good. There is writing on both sides, so it might be hard to read. Also, we were really into Barney the Purple Dinosaur so if you know him, you may see a similarity in my nice little poem.

"Dylan, you are the sweetest boy and you play with me. Were a happy family with a great big hug and a kiss from me to you. Wont you say you love me tooooooo. Love Jennifer."

Yes, very creative. Contrary to being scared of Dylan in my Halloween assignment, I really did and still do love Dylan. Ive said it a million times on this blog before and Ill say it again. My two brothers mean the WORLD to me, and clearly they always have. That will never change so I like this little love note. It reminds me that we were always like this and it makes me happy.


This one my mom really likes because its so colorful. It deserves a frame. Mr. Hunt was wowed by how great of a colorer I was too. I just like what I wrote....its a true story.

"I remember my dog Mara. We got him with out mom knowing. I had a fun time with him. He was black and cute. We let someone have him because he pooped in the house."

So, yes, this is totally true. My dad bought me a full grown black lad one day while at walmart. They were outside in the pens and he couldn't resist. I'm sure I had something to do with it. I'm not sure why I called her a him on this but she was definitely a girl. She was very sweet, but she wasn't potty trained. That with a mixture of my moms white carpets and her not agreeing to begin with on the dog, we had to give her back. They didn't get another dog until after I left for college. Maybe they thought I was too much to handle.

Mr. Hunt's favorite part is my miss-spelling on the last sentence. I really wrote "We let someone have him because he poped in the hose." Instead of pooped in the house. He couldn't stop laughing that this is what I decided to write about and I wrote about pooping. Yeah, I had to get my point across as to why she had to go.

I saved the best for last.....


This is my favorite food poetry frame:

"Spaghetti Spaghetti Spaghetti. Good spaghetti, smooth spaghetti, long, spicy spaghetti. Last of all, best of all, saucy spaghetti."

Ive never seen Mr. Hunt laugh so hard at this poem. He kept reading it out loud in a soft voice. He memorized it. I think its funny too, but he LOVES it. I think the best part is my drawings of noodles and sauce or meatballs on the boarder. Funny thing too is that I don't ever remember having a favorite food growing up, but Ive always loved spaghetti. Mr. Hunt always makes fun of me for ordering spaghetti at restaurants because he thinks its a waste of money when I can easily make it at home. We eat it a lot here in the Hunt house, so maybe it really is one of my favorite foods.

I sent this picture to Mr. Hunt's phone, so if he is ever having a bad day, he can look at it and smile.

That's all I got. I hope I put a smile on your face today. Go talk to a little kid, they will certainly make you laugh.

Love,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting