Monday, October 22, 2012

3D Ultrasound

Ive always seen that many pregnant woman like to go get the 3D ultrasounds done so they can see what their little one looks like. When we got pregnant, I didn't think much of it. Then as the time went on, I thought, maybe we can do that. Insurance doesn't cover it, so its something you have to do on your own with your own money. I just googled 3D ultrasound and found a place nearby. Since the 18 week ultrasound when we found out that we were having a girl is technically the last ultrasound we will have unless there are complications, I started to miss seeing the little girl.
Then while thinking about my upcoming showers for Jane, I started to panic and wonder.....is she really a girl? What if she comes out a boy? I would feel horrible for calling him a girl this whole time and we would have way too much pink stuff! So, I talked to Mr. Hunt and he was all for it.


The day of the ultrasound I started to talk to Jane and told her that she better cooperate. The 3D ultrasounds are harder to get a good picture sometimes especially if they have a foot or hand in their face. We went in and started right away. The first thing she did was confirm that we were indeed having a girl! Phew! Then we looked for her face. Jane didn't have a foot or hand in her face (although her foot has right under her chin), but her face was squished up on the uterine wall which was making it hard to see her. We tried to poke her and move around a bit to move her face from that....and it worked.
She was definitely sleeping though. She didn't move much except for one time when we poked her. She rubbed her eyes with her hand and stretched her neck up a little like a little baby. It was crazy to see her like that. I'm so glad we did.


We still aren't sure who she looks like. Some of the pictures, I think she looks exactly like Chris, then others she looks exactly like me. Maybe I'm just making it up in hoping she looks like one of us. The 3D is pretty accurate, but its still hard to tell I think. Plus, she will start to look a lot different in the next few weeks with more fat on her face and body, and also Ive noticed that even after the baby is born, it can take a few days to see what they really look like after being swollen and everything.


All in all it was a great experience and Im so glad we ended up doing it. Now I only have a few more weeks until I can see her in person, hold her in kiss her.


Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting