Tuesday, July 10, 2012

First Trimester

With the fear of possibly losing my sweet little baby very high in the first trimester, like other couples, Mr. Hunt and I decided to not share the AMAZING news with the world until after the first trimester. Believe me, it was SO hard to not stand on the top of the world and yell to everyone about it though. So even though we were enjoying the first trimester by ourselves and with close family and friends, I still wanted to document as much as possible. Like other blogs I have seen in the past, I decided to answer a few questions once a week about how Im feeling. I also took a belly picture once a week to add to the questions. Granted, there wasn't much to see in the belly department in the beginning, but I wasn't going to miss a beat. There were also a few weeks that I didn't take a belly picture, only from being lazy or not feeling well. I promise from now on out, there will be a belly picture every week because the belly is definitely growing every week. There also isn't much to document in the first trimester either, but again, Im not missing anything. Call it oversharing or whatever you like. So, lets go back in time and relive the first trimester. Or you can just tune in for the remainder of the pregnancy and follow week by week from now on out....your choice.

Mr. Hunt and I found out we were pregnant at about 3 and a half weeks, so I just started this documentation at 4 weeks. Please ignore my un-makeuped face most weeks. The first trimester was a little rough and I could hardly get the energy to make myself look decent.

WEEK4:


Mr. Hunt accidentally took a blurry picture. To be honest, this was the morning we were leaving for Puerto Rico and it was 4am, so Ill let that slide. If you can't read what it says, it says "Baby Hunt is the size of a poppyseed, Mommy is VERY tired and constantly hungry, and Daddy is SUPER excited and very proud"

Total Weight Gain/Loss?: 0 pounds 
Maternity Clothes?: No, but towards the end of the day, I feel VERY bloated whether it be real or just something Im making up in my head....Im not sure
Stretch Marks?: No, I don't have to worry about that yet, I hope
Sleep?: Not sleeping very well. I read that it a pregnancy symptom in the beginning, but it might just be because Im so super excited. Im also having to get up two and three times to use the restroom...something I never did before.
Feeling Sick?: No
Best Moment This Week: Finding out we were pregnant!
Movement?: Too early for that
Food Cravings?: Nothing really, just really hungry all the time. 
Gender?: Too early to know, but can't wait to find out.
Labor Signs?: WAYYYY too early for that
Belly Button In or Out?: Ive always had an in-betweenie.
Wedding Ring On or Off?: Still on
What I Miss?: Nothing yet
What Im Looking Forward To?: Starting to show
Anything Else?: Just so excited!

WEEK5:

Total Weight Gain/Loss?: 0 pounds 
Maternity Clothes?: No, not yet
Stretch Marks?: Nope
Sleep?: Sleeping is better than last week, but still getting up in the middle of the night for trips to the bathroom 
Feeling Sick?: A little. I have heartburn or acid reflux and also very gassy. TMI?
Best Moment This Week: Vacation to Puerto Rico, baby's first vacation?
Movement?: Too early for that
Food Cravings?: I don't think so
Gender?: Don't know that yet
Labor Signs?: Nope, thank God
Belly Button In or Out?: still an in-betweenie.
Wedding Ring On or Off?: On
What I Miss?: Nothing
What Im Looking Forward To?: Starting to show
Anything Else?: Still so excited! Counting down the days until my class on May 16th and my first appointment on May 22nd


WEEK6:


Total Weight Gain/Loss?: 0 pounds 
Maternity Clothes?: No
Stretch Marks?: Nope
Sleep?: Sleeping is fine. I get REALLY hot in the middle of the night. Im not sure if its the pregnancy or just the fact that its getting really hot here in Texas. 
Feeling Sick?: Yes. Ugh, I was hoping this wouldn't come and Im counting the days until it is hopefully gone. I only got physically sick once while doing the dishes. Its smells that make me really nauseous. Other times, I just sit here and wait to feel sick, because it comes randomly.
Best Moment This Week: Resting. Thats all that I really did besides feel sick.
Movement?: no, too early
Food Cravings?: Not really, but I do have food aversions. Yes, I get sick just thinking about red meat like steak and mexican food. Too bad those used to be my favorite foods. Not anymore right now. I need to stop typing about it because its making me feel sick. I don't really have an appetite right now, and the only thing I can eat are very bland foods. I can't wait for this to go away, I like food too much.
Gender?: Don't know, but I think its a boy for some reason
Labor Signs?: Nope, thank God
Belly Button In or Out?: in-betweenie.
Wedding Ring On or Off?: On
What I Miss?: Feeling normal
What Im Looking Forward To?: Starting to show and my prenatal class next Wednesday.
Anything Else?: We are going to tell our parents and the rest of the family this coming Sunday....on Mothers Day. What a great surprise for them.


WEEK7:

Total Weight Gain/Loss?: 0.5 pounds 
Maternity Clothes?: No, but in the evening I definitely have a pooch and sometimes the button has to come undone
Stretch Marks?: No
Sleep?: Well, I usually sleep pretty well during the night, and all through the day. I seriously can't get enough sleep. Quite annoying actually.
Feeling Sick?: Yep. Random nauseousness creeps up whenever it feels like it. One minute I'm fine, the next I'm nauseous. Im testing out different prenatal vitamins right now because I swear it makes me nauseous. 
Best Moment This Week: Feeling well enough to go to Jersey Mike's with Mr. Hunt and actually eat it there! Isn't that sad? I just hate going anywhere for long periods of time because I worry Ill start to feel sick while were out. 
Movement?: no, too early
Food Cravings?: No. But, the food thing is driving me crazy. There are a lot of foods that make me want to be sick and the smell of a lot of food do make me sick so its hard to find something to eat. With that said, Im STARVING every two hours without fail, sometimes every hour and a half. Its ridiculous. If I don't eat right away, then I get naseous. So, every two hours I have to come up with something to eat out of the minimal things that won't make me sick. Very frustrating. 
Labor Signs?: Nope, thank God
Belly Button In or Out?: in-between still
Wedding Ring On or Off?: On. No chubby fingers yet
What I Miss?: Having energy throughout the day. 
What Im Looking Forward To?: The first trimester to be OVER. Im really not trying to rush this pregnancy, but just the first trimester. I am SO ready to feel better. Right now, I feel like I can't even enjoy being pregnant or get excited about a little baby because all I can think about is trying to feel better and what Im going to eat in two hours. 
Anything Else?: We told our family and very close friends. They are all so happy (most knew what we were going to tell them), and all very supportive. I know I will feel much more excited about this pregnancy when I get confirmation from the doctor next week. 

WEEK8:



Total Weight Gain/Loss?: 0.5 pounds only still. Im very surprised by this because my stomach is definitely bigger, and Ive been eating ALOT!
Maternity Clothes?: No, but I don't wear normal clothes very often. I wear sweats during the day which have stretchy waists and only dress up on the weekends with Mr. Hunt. 
Stretch Marks?: Nope
Sleep?: Sleeping good and still taking hour naps during the day. Im so ready to have my energy back
Feeling Sick?: Yes. Its getting worse it seems. I can't believe its only been 2 and a half weeks since I started feeling sick, it feels like its been forever. Thankfully, Im not sick 24/7 like some pregnant people are. It just comes when it wants, which can be very annoying.
Best Moment This Week: Having the energy to spend the day outside with Mr. Hunt at the lake and camping. Although, the next few days after that were rough.
Movement?: no, too early
Food Cravings?: Not really. But since Im still being picky about what I eat or smell, if I think of something good to eat, I have to have it. I was craving Carrabbas the other day and Mr. Hunt brought some home from work. It was so good!
Labor Signs?: Nope
Belly Button In or Out?: in-between 
Wedding Ring On or Off?: On. No chubby fingers yet
What I Miss?: Having energy throughout the day. I am counting down the days to feeling somewhat normal again. 
What Im Looking Forward To?: 1st trimester to be over. I need to feel better and have energy, its starting to take a toll on me. I don't do my hair, I don't wear makeup, I hardly dress up. Poor Mr. Hunt probably thinks Ill never be the same. Im starting to think the same thing. 
Anything Else?: We had our first appointment this week. It was awesome. I was so nervous for this appointment, I use wanted the baby to be healthy, and he/she is! Its heartbeat is perfect and its growing at the speed its supposed to. Now I can't wait to seem him/her again for my 11 week appointment. 

WEEK9:

Total Weight Gain/Loss?: Im up to 1 pound. Still in shock, but thanking God all this food Im eating must be going straight to baby.
Maternity Clothes?: No, but getting there. 
Stretch Marks?: No, not yet. I need to buy some lotion soon though because this belly is growing. 
Sleep?: I sleep from 10 or 11pm to 8am and then one 1 hour nap everyday. And Im still tired. 
Feeling Sick?: Yes. OK. If Im not nauseous, I have a severe headache. If I don't have a headache, I have some sort of heartburn or indigestion (which is the worst of all of these symptoms), If its not the heartburn, its feeling hungry. And if its not that, then Im just super tired. Its always one of those symptoms. I am trying so hard not to complain, but I seriously feel like my body is shutting down. Mr. Hunt likes to remind me that this is what growing a baby feels like and always makes sure that I still want three kids. Im thinking hard about that now. 
Best Moment This Week: This week has been rough. After camping, Ive had a headache all day everyday for everyday since. I can only take Tylonol, which doesn't help. If I had to pick a best moment of the week so as not to sound like Im complaining too much, it would be watching So You Think You Can Dance. It took my mind off the headache for 2 hours. 
Movement?: no, but I watched a video on the baby's growth that said the baby is now moving. I probably won't feel movement until week 18 though. 9 more weeks. 
Food Cravings?: No. I no longer look at steak and want to get sick. I ate a bite of Mr. Hunt's the other day and it was delicious. I didn't really crave anything this week though besides goat cheese. YUM!
Labor Signs?: No
Belly Button In or Out?: in-between still
Wedding Ring On or Off?: On.
What I Miss?: I still miss my energy. I once thought I didn't have energy before I was pregnant, now I know what having no energy is like. 
What Im Looking Forward To?: Only 3 more weeks until the 1st trimester is over. I really don't want to rush this, but I hear the 2nd trimester is the best, and Im really looking forward to that. Im also looking forward to my 11 week appointment.
Anything Else?: Nope, just God Bless Mr. Hunt. I sometimes want to burst out into tears thinking about what Im putting him through already. The man works from morning until night, even when he gets home, and I can't even get the house in order since I have no energy. He is probably wondering what the heck I do all day, well, I sleep, eat, and TRY to get the stuff done that absolutely can't wait like laundry and bills. Then when he gets home, I often ask him to cook, get up and get me something to drink, let the dogs out, etc. He is probably also highly confused because one minute, Im feeling fine, ready to go, doing things on my own. Then the VERY next minute, Im curled up on the couch with nausea, asking him to do everything for me and telling him I can't leave the house. Phew, when does this end, Im sure Mr. Hunt is thinking the same thing. I love him because he hasn't once complained...yet. The Mr. Hunt whose wife wasn't pregnant definitely would have said something by now. 



WEEK10:

Total Weight Gain/Loss?: 0 lbs. I guess that one pound from last week went to the baby.
Maternity Clothes?: No, but Im still just wearing stretching pants and shirts. I need to go buy some pants.
Stretch Marks?: No, not yet. 
Sleep?: Im sleeping pretty well. I seem to wake up at around 4am every morning, starving. Then I roll around a little and go back to sleep.
Feeling Sick?: Im starting to feel a little better. I hope this is the end of the first trimester sickness. I get a horrible hunger feeling which I now think might be the indigestion. It comes on randomly and can last 24 hours. I hate it. Bad part is if its indigestion, I hear that just gets worse the further along you get. 
Best Moment This Week: Being at the pool for a few hours and soaking up the sun. I felt great! 
Movement?: No, not for another 9 weeks or so i think.
Food Cravings?: Not really. I ate Mexican Food though for the first time since I became pregnant, and I LOVED it. Im starting to get back to my old self :)
Labor Signs?: Nope
Belly Button In or Out?: in-between still
Wedding Ring On or Off?: On.
What I Miss?: I miss my energy. Im glad I'm starting to feel better, but Im still very tired. I can only get up from the couch for 30 minutes or less at a time before I have to lay back down. I can't wait to have some energy again.
What Im Looking Forward To?: Having my energy back, and seeing the baby next week on Tuesday for the 11 week appointment. 
Anything Else?: No, Mr. Hunt was out of town this week. I was hoping Id feel ok and be able to do stuff on my own. I didn't feel great, but better than the last few weeks so I was thankful for that. 

WEEK11:

Total Weight Gain/Loss?: 0 lbs. Still SO surprised about this because I definitely have a pregnant belly, bigger boobies, a uterus the size of a grapefruit, and a baby that is about 2 inches long. Did I loose weight somewhere else that I don't notice?
Maternity Clothes?: Not yet, but I need to go buy some. Im running out of ideas. 
Stretch Marks?: Nope, but I bough the stretch mark lotion this week. I need to start using it before its too late.
Sleep?: I have the craziest dreams! I read thats a pregnancy symptom. Besides the dreams. I wake up usually around 3am every morning and can't really go back to sleep. I might be because of the naps I usually take during the day. Im not worried.
Feeling Sick?: Im feeling better. I still get nauseous, but only when Im hungry. I also still have the heartburn/indigestion thing that randomly comes, but I think Mylanta will be my life saver for that (even though it tastes awful!
Best Moment This Week: Our doctors visit. Mr. Hunt couldn't make it so I video taped the whole ultrasound for him. I love watching it over and over
Movement?: well the baby is moving around more than ever! It was moving so much the ultrasound lady was having trouble getting the measurements she needed. Of course I can't feel them yet though, but its fun to think about him/her jumping around in there.
Food Cravings?: Not really. I made brownies this week. I put extra chocolate chips in the batter. It took all of me not to lick the bowl like I always did before I was pregnant. The brownies turned out better than I imagined. 
Labor Signs?: nope
Belly Button In or Out?: in still
Wedding Ring On or Off?: on still
What I Miss?: cold turkey subs. I know I still have 29 more weeks to go before the baby is here, but I told Mr. Hunt that right now, once I pop the baby out, the first thing I want to eat is a Jersey Mikes turkey sub, mikes way. He laughed, but Im serious!
What Im Looking Forward To?: Going to see family in a few weeks. I miss them badly. 
Anything Else?: Just that the doctor visit went well. The ultrasound was the best part obviously. Then I had to get my finger pricked so they could check for down's syndrome and a few others. I will know the results of that in 7-10 days. Then I was out of there. Short and sweet


WEEK12:

Total Weight Gain/Loss?: 1 lb. I'm still shocked as to how I've only gained one pound. I feel like when I wasn't pregnant, I gained weight a lot easier. Good news is the doctor said most woman don't gain until the second trimester
Maternity Clothes?: No. I went shopping for some the other day and then got overwhelmed. I need to go again at the right state of mind, or maybe when I absolutely can't fit into anything anymore. I still have a few outfits to wear. 
Stretch Marks?: No, not yet.
Sleep?: some nights are amazing deep sleep, other nights I toss and turn all night. Saturday night was the worst for me this week. I couldn't get comfortable. I'm going to have a hard time sleeping when I can no longer sleep on my stomach because that's the only way I can sleep now. Saturday night my stomach was tender for some reason and I couldn't sleep on it. Sunday night was better though. 
Feeling Sick?: On and off still. I'm hoping it will dwindle soon. Now its either a good day where I feel great all day, or a bad day where I feel sick all day. Ive been getting horrible headaches lately too, and I can't function with headaches. 
Best Moment This Week: Feeling/seeing my uterus move up towards my belly button. The stomach is definitely getting bigger now. 
Movement?: No, not for another few weeks will I be expecting to feel anything
Food Cravings?: No, but I did have a strange dinner the other night and it wasn't until half way through that I realized what I was eating. It was a California Roll, Skittles, and Dill Pickle Chips. Can you say pregnant? 
Labor Signs?: no
Belly Button In or Out?: in still, but as the days go on, I have a feeling its going to turn into an outie :)
Wedding Ring On or Off?: on still
What I Miss?: cold turkey subs still. Not a day goes by where I wish I had a turkey sub from Jersey Mikes. I don't know why its just Jersey Mikes though. I could care less about the other turkey subs. 
What I'm Looking Forward To?: Getting my energy back. I think I'm slowly starting to get more energy, but its not all back yet. There are still times where I need to catch my breathe or lay down during the day.
Anything Else?: Pregnancy is weird sometimes, including the trimesters. Some places say that week 12 is the second trimester, and others say week 13. I think its because once you hit 12 weeks, you are technically in the 13th week which would be the second trimester, and others just say wait until the actual 13 week. Whatever it is, I'm either done or almost done with the first trimester, and I'm waiting by the minute to start feeling myself again.

WEEK13:



Total Weight Gain/Loss?: 0.6 pounds. I'm going to go ahead and say that I haven't gained anything. Please take a look at that belly though....why haven't I gained any weight?
Maternity Clothes?: I bought a maternity shirt at target this week for my trip to the east coast. I haven't worn it yet though and most of my old clothes still fit somewhat.
Stretch Marks?: No, not yet.
Sleep?: sleep is back to normal. Sleeping on my belly is getting more and more uncomfortable though. 
Feeling Sick?: Not really. Just nauseous if I get hungry.
Best Moment This Week: getting bigger and finally saying I'm out of the first trimester!
Movement?: nope
Food Cravings?: not this week
Labor Signs?: no
Belly Button In or Out?: still in
Wedding Ring On or Off?: on still
What I Miss?: turkey subs still. I'm not sure this will ever change
What I'm Looking Forward To?: watching my belly grow and my next appointment in two weeks
Anything Else?: just glad to be out of the first trimester. Bring on the "easy" trimester.

Thats it for the first trimester. Ill be back to update you from 13 weeks to where I am now, which is 15 weeks, then Ill do one a week until we are graced with Baby Hunt's presence. Sound good?


Love,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting