Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Weekend Fun

Since Mr. Hunt and I moved here not knowing a sole besides the people that work in his office, we have a lot of time to spend with each other. The weekends can get pretty redundant if we don't seek out something special to do like when we went camping. Some weekends we are content to just lay by the pool and watch a few movies, but other weekends we are inspired to get out and do something.
A few weekends ago we went fishing. We are both fans of saltwater fishing a lot more than a small pond that we found down the road, but we gave it a try.

This was our pond for the day. There was a nice breeze outside so it wasn't too hot.


There was even a pretty golf coarse across the way.


Of course I got my line stuck on this tree branch. Can you see the little red bobber that I was using?



This was out little spot. Wasn't the nicest area, but it was shaded so it worked.


Sometimes when you go fishing, you have to get a little dirty, especially when you are digging for worms.


So we never caught anything. Not even a bite. But we did catch a lot of this goop stuff. ewwwww.





Even though we didn't catch anything, we still had a good time together outside. It was something different than sitting inside all day. We both agreed that we would stick to the saltwater fishing.

Then the next weekend, we went golfing. Well, Mr. Hunt went golfing and I sat in the cart and ate french fries and peanut M&Ms, and cheered him on...I don't golf.

This golf course has a different look compared to what we are used to on the east coast. There are a lot of hills.


This golf course was the public golf coarse, but we were in the middle of a VERY rich looking neighborhood. The houses were huge and sitting on the side of the hills.


It was such a nice day. There were some clouds, even some rain clouds in the distance, and a breeze since we were up on some hills. I definitely enjoyed my ride.


See those houses? Wow!

Mr. Hunt enjoyed himself and played really well. He can't wait to go back, and I wouldn't mind some more of those fries. They were delicious. Plus, playing 9 holes for only $25 is a good deal. This is also where I encountered the first person to ask if I was pregnant. A sweet old man at the counter asked. I was shocked, but it made my day.

So, we continue to find fun things to do on the weekends that Mr. Hunt isn't too tired from the work week. We tried to go to the zoo one day a few weekends ago, but I ended up feeling too sick and it was over 100 degrees outside....not a good mix.
Good news though, we are headed over to a nice neighbors house tonight for dinner. Hopefully we can make some friends! Ill keep you updated.

XOXO,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting