Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Third Appointment 15 weeks 2 days

I'm a little torn at how fast or slow this pregnancy is going. At first, I felt like the days or weeks couldn't go any slower. Now I'm starting to feel like its going faster and faster. I'm almost halfway done already!

Anyway, I had my third appointment this week. I wasn't sure what to expect this time. I knew that I wasn't getting an ultrasound so I wasn't going to see Baby Hunt, but I was going to hear the heartbeat. Other than that, I wasn't sure why I was going because my doctor said there was one other test to do, but they technically can't do it until 16 weeks so we were going to push that one back until the next visit.
So, I showed up to the office. They called me back, took my weight, peed in a cup, and she took my blood pressure. Then once the doctor came in, she just asked how I was feeling and if I had any questions. Then she measured my belly. I'm measuring at 18 cm which according to her is right on track. Then it was time to listen to the heartbeat. Before she turned the machine on and put the wand on my belly, she said "please don't panic or worry if I can't find the heartbeat right away, sometimes it can take a few seconds." But as soon as she placed the wand on my belly that sweet little heart was beating right away. We were both surprised. Then Baby Hunt wanted to squirm around again and she had to find the heartbeat a few more times after that. She mentioned that we had a mover....oh boy. Then she said "This is one of the strongest heartbeats Ive heard for 15 weeks." I was so happy. Looking back now, she might just say that to everyone if the heartbeat is normal, just to put their minds at ease. Whatever the case, it worked.
Then we were done. That was it. Even though we really didn't do anything, I'm glad I got to go in and was reassured the baby was doing well, because I don't think Id be able to wait much longer. She then asked me how bad we were wanting to know if Baby Hunt was a boy or girl, and I said BAD! So she made our next appointment in 3 weeks! So, on July 31st, we will hopefully find out if we will be having a boy or a girl. This will also be our last ultrasound.
Mr. Hunt and I are convinced for some reason that Baby Hunt is a boy. We really don't have a reason to think this, its just what we think for one reason or another. We also won't care either way what he/she is. We will be happy with either. Even though we think its a boy, that's not really what we want necessarily, just what we think. There are pros....not really cons for both of course. Anyway, I'm rambling because I'm so excited.

We are so blessed to be having a healthy baby so far. I pray that the rest of the pregnancy goes well also.

Love
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting