Thursday, July 12, 2012

Holiday Trip

Mr. Hunt and I have missed our families so much since moving here to Texas. We knew the best time to go and see both sides of the family all in one trip would be to go over the 4th of July holiday. Mr. Hunt's side always goes to their beach house in Beaufort South Carolina for the holiday and Beaufort is just 45 minutes away from my parents house, so it works out.
We flew in on Tuesday night and were greeted by my parents in the airport. Once we got back to their house, it was already 1am and so we headed to bed. The next morning, my mom had to work, but Mr. Hunt, me, and my dad headed over to Beaufort for the 4th of July celebrations. Soon after we arrived we ate a HUGE delicious lunch and then headed to the sand bar. The sand bar was very crowded, but just as fun as always. I actually forgot to take pictures until after we were getting ready to leave.


I think the boys look a lot alike in this picture.




I could be out on the boat all day everyday with southern views like these shrimp boats.



So could Mr. Hunt.


The next day we spent the day around the house in the morning while the boys went fishing. Then the girls headed over to the beach, while the boys started up dinner which was Frogmore Stew, or as I call it, Lowcountry Boil. YUM! My mom joined us for dinner that day. Im so glad she made it to see everyone since she couldn't spend time with us the day before when my dad was there. My mom also tried to teach Mr. Hunt and Michael the old fashion was of crabbing instead of their new and improved way. Both ways worked and we had three crabs to eat within a matter of 5 minutes to go with our dinner.
On Friday we had a slow morning and headed back out to the sandbar again. Mr. Hunt and I needed to hit the road back to Bluffton in time to take my parents to dinner so we might have been a little too early to the sandbar. It wasn't even there yet, but we still had a great time standing waist deep and spending time with family. I felt bad about having to leave early just as the sand bar was showing up.
We were happy to treat my parents to a yummy dinner at Captain Woodys. It was nice to spend time with them and just them. Not that my brothers are ever in the way, but it was just nice. Davis was headed back from his trip to NY that night so we stayed up playing board games and waited for him to arrive.
The next day was a day with my side of the family. Everyone was due to arrive around 2pm, so we first headed to the pond down the street to try to catch a few fish.
Davis and I posted up in some chairs in the shade while Mr. Hunt and Dylan started fishing. With Dylan's first cast, he caught this title guy.


My mom saw this picture and thought they were standing in the water!


Finally, Mr. Hunt caught one.


And Dylan another....


I decided to take a picture with Dylan's second one. Is that a crime to take a picture with a fish you didn't catch? I don't care, he offered.


Then the boys started walking down the pond and got too far away from me to take anymore pictures. Davis and I got way too hot so we got back in the car and picked the boys up on the other side of the pond. They told us about the HUGE fish they saw and tried to catch. They are determined to get him next time.

A few hours later, the family started to show up. I love spending family time. The "kids" headed to the pool for a little bit while the adults cooked. We had a great time at the pool even though we weren't there for long. Then we came back and enjoyed hot dogs, fried chicken, mac and cheese, and much more. I was so full. We then played an intense game of crochet. Well, I didn't. My pregnant self sat in a chair and watched, but it was intense. Then everyone had to leave.
Sunday morning, Davis and Mr. Hunt met Dylan, Zach, and my cousins Shane and Melissa to play a round of golf. I slept in and started packing up. We hung around the house for the rest of the day and headed to the airport around 4pm. We were so sad to leave, but we knew it wouldn't be long before we would be back.

We have the BEST family in the world. I wouldn't trade them ever. I know everyone probably thinks that, but you don't really know unless you are in the family :)
Hunt side minus Katie and McKay. We missed them so much.


Taylor side!


We're all pretty good looking too huh?

Oh, I almost had a heart attack and died on the plane home. Our flight from Savannah to Charlotte was a breeze, we both slept the whole time. Then we had a three hour layover in Charlotte and I had a very yummy dinner of a Bojangles biscuit. I was a very happy girl after eating that. Then we got on the plane to head to Austin. We took off, and about 15 minutes later, the attendant came on and said "everyone must stay seated, no getting up." It was a little weird, and she also turned on all the lights in the cabin. I tried not to freak out, but I could tell that Mr. Hunt looked a little worried, and he flies a lot more than I do. Then a few minutes later, the captain came on a said "We need to turn around and make an emergency landing back in Charlotte, our air conditioning isn't working and we need to fix it." Mr. Hunt thinks it was probably something a little more serious and they were trying to keep everyone calm. All I do know is that it did get REALLY hot in that plane. Of course every little sound I heard the plane make, I thought we were going to crash into the ground and it seemed like another hour before we finally landed BACK in Charlotte. There were also three fire trucks and some other emergency vehicles waiting for us, and they rushed us off the plane as soon as we landed, which makes me believe it was something other than just the air conditioner.
The last thing I wanted to do at this point was get on another plane, but we did. I tried to just sleep the whole time, but Im pretty sure they over compensated for the hot plane before and I felt like I was going to turn into an ice cube. We finally made it safe to Austin, and didn't get home until 3am. Thanking the sweet Lord we were safe.


Love,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting