Friday, July 27, 2012

Gotta Start on the Nursery

These weeks are starting to fly by now. I'm almost half way through my pregnancy already! I still feel silly looking for maternity wear or any baby items for some reason though. Maybe once I know if we are having a boy or girl, Ill be more into looking at stuff.
When we moved into this smaller house in Cedar Park Texas we knew that we wanted to have kids very soon so we made sure to look at houses with no less than three rooms. Right now we have the master, the guest room, and a JUNK room. When I was unpacking, I quickly ran out of room for a ton of stuff in all the rooms. The living room is too small, the dining room is too small, the kitchen is too small, then closets are too small, etc. I'm actually not complaining, we love this house, but we just have too much stuff. A mistake we made while trying to fill up our bigger than normal for a newly married couples home in Charlotte. Oh well.
Anyway, so now that JUNK room needs to magically turn into a nursery....somehow. The biggest problem besides the JUNK, is that the dogs crates are in there. I'm sure Ive mentioned before, but the dogs LOVE their crates. They even take naps in there during the day. The problem is that there isn't anywhere else to put the crates now. I will feel horrible if I have to get rid of them for good. I may just have them set up in the dining room when we don't have people over, then move them if we have company....that's to be determined.
The past few days, Ive felt a lot of pressure to get going in that room. I know its going to take a lot longer than I think because I easily get out of breathe already from my blood thickening. If I take it a little per day, maybe Ill get somewhere in there. I think the main reason I'm thinking that I need to start now is because soon, I imagine it will get harder and harder to move around too much. Id much rather be moving this JUNK now, then when I'm 7 or 8 months pregnant and can't bend over. Get my drift?
So, here is the start to the nursery. Are you excited? I know I am....and Ill be even more excited once I find something to do with all this JUNK. I need to just bite the bullet and sell or give most of it away.

Then after that Ill have to move onto the garage where we have brand new furniture in there that there is no place for in the house! geez!

Anyway, here is the BEFORE pictures of the sweet nursery, please don't laugh, this is serious. There is a TON to do. The JUNK has even overflowed out into the hallway.


This is the view looking in from the door. You are probably thinking, "those poor dogs have to be in there with all that JUNK!" To be honest, I think they like it. I think it feels like a den kind of.


There is SO MUCH STUFF! See that big rug? Its pretty new so I can't come to throw it away. Behind that are a bunch more boxes that we just haven't even opened yet.


This was supposed to be my craft table. Before I was pregnant, I dreamed of the day that I would clean this room out and the table off, and have a place to sew and do crafts. Because of that, all the craft stuff just gets thrown onto this table. This table is sitting right in front of the closet which also has a bunch more stuff in it, but as of now, I can't even get to the closet.


You see? I have a lot of work to do. I'm going to try to get most of it done on my own. Of course Ill need Mr. Hunt's help when its time to put some stuff in the attic. Ive actually already spent 3 hours in there since taking these pictures. The room is already looking better to me, but Mr. Hunt didn't notice any difference. That's gotta show you right there how much stuff is really in there. I'm hoping to have the room all cleaned out by August 7th, a little over 2 weeks, when Davis is arriving for a week. Maybe I can persuade him to help me paint a primer over that PINK!


Love,
Cleaning lady

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting