Friday, July 13, 2012

My New Ride

Mr. Hunt and I have been talking about getting me a new car for awhile now. We originally said we probably needed something in the next year or so since my Ford Explorer was getting older. I have this fear of getting stuck on the side of the road with a broken down car. The Ford Explorer hasn't ONCE given us any problems so I knew I was safe for a little while longer.
Mr. Hunt knows that my favorite/dream car is the Land Rover Range Rover. Ive always loved them, but wasn't sure how practical one would be for two dogs and a baby. One day, Mr. Hunt came home and said that he saw one at a used car dealership that he drives by everyday to and from work. I was shocked that he even wanted to go look at it, but I wasn't going to say no.
On the way there, I jokingly said that if the car was under $30,000 and under 30,000 miles, we should buy it, and Mr. Hunt said OK. Sure enough it wasn't under $30,000 and wasn't under 30,000 miles, but we looked at it anyway. They were actually changing the tires on the car while we were there so we didn't test drive it or anything, and we left. I really liked the car and everything, but Mr. Hunt couldn't keep his mind off of it. He fell in love. We talked about it for awhile and did some math on how much we thought it would be per month and if we could afford it. As much as I really wanted it, I almost felt guilty since we didn't really NEED it. We were headed on our vacation in two days, and we thought that if we waited to make a decision, the car would be gone by the time we got back, so we needed to make a decision.
I ultimately told Mr. Hunt it was up to him. He is the one that makes all the money, and I showed him all of our bills and whatnot from the past few months. We decided to sleep on it. The next day, Mr. Hunt made up his mind, he wanted it. We headed over, test drove the car, loved it even more, and bought it.



This is actually Mr. Hunt driving the car. He drove it the first day to work. As much as I love the car and I'm so excited to have it, I'm pretty sure he loves it more, and that's OK. It makes me feel better about buying it.
As you can see, we have kept the Ford Explorer for now. We are going to try to get it to South Carolina and give it to my parents so they can have another car, but it might be awhile before it gets there.

And yes, we are on a strict budget for now while we adjust to the new payments on this beaut.


Love,
Range Rover Driving Fool

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting