Monday, June 25, 2012

Second Appointment 11 weeks 2 days

I was so sad when Mr. Hunt got caught up in a meeting and couldn't make it to our second appointment. I was mostly sad because he would miss seeing the baby on the ultrasound. Our doctor said we only get to see the baby on the first visit and second visit. The third visit is just hearing the heartbeat (which is still amazing), and the forth we would see him/her to decide if its a him or her. Thats it. Then we would only see the baby on ultrasound if there were complications, and I don't want complications. So, with there only being three times we get to actually see the baby, I was hoping he would be there.
I decided to video tape the entire thing (4 minutes) on my phone so that Mr. Hunt didn't miss anything. Im so glad that I did too. First of all, the baby looked much more human than the last time we saw him/her. Last time it looked like a little bean, this time he/she had a profile, arms and legs, etc. Then the best moment happened. The baby started jumping and moving around. I couldn't stop saying awwww. It was weird to think that was inside me since I couldn't feel a thing, but I guess since its only 2 inches long inside a uterus the size of a grapefruit, I really wouldn't feel it. The baby was waving and kicking its feet everywhere. Then we waited and just watched him/her move around. The ultrasound lady needed more measurements and she couldn't get them until the baby stopped moving.


Once that was over, the rest of the appointment was pretty boring and fast. I had to get my finger pricked so that they could test for the likelihood of downs syndrome and a few other things. I won't know the results of that for another 7-10 days. Then I just talked to the doctor about the last 3 weeks since I had seen her last. Ill spare you the details.
My next appointment is July 10th and Ill be 15 weeks and 2 days. This time is when we will only hear the heartbeat. Im not sure what else we will do. There is supposed to be another test done, but she said its for 16 weeks and later so we will push that to the next appointment, so not even sure what else we will do. Ill be fine with just hearing the heartbeat though, I love hearing it!

UPDATE: All the bloodwork and the measurements of the fluid behind Baby Hunt's neck came back normal. We are cleared from Down's Syndrome. Of course, its only testing the likelihood and we won't know for sure until the baby is born, but the tests came back that we are not likely and they feel that no further tests need to be done.


Love,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting