Monday, June 18, 2012

How I broke the NEWS with Mr. Hunt

For so long I have been wanting to be a mommy, and Mr. Hunt surprisingly has wanted to be a daddy. I say surprisingly because a lot of men his age get freaked out when you mention children. So, I knew we were going to start our family soon after we got married, and ever since I knew this, Ive always tried to think of the best way to surprise Mr. Hunt when I finally became pregnant. The ideas started flowing more once we were actually trying to get pregnant.
I never really thought of the right thing which I think is why it didn't really turn out the way I pictured when the time actually came. When I finally got that positive pregnancy test on that Friday morning, my heart started racing. I don't even remember what I thought, and I swear my body just took over, walked me over to my phone, and called Mr. Hunt. Thank goodness he didn't answer because I would have told him right there despite the idea of surprising him. After he didn't answer, I still don't really know what I did or thought, I kinda walked around like a zombie for a bit and then finally got on the computer to look up doctors, and took these pictures.


See? Still in my pajamas, walking around like a zombie. This is the day I found out, about 3 and a half weeks pregnant.


I don't ever remember thinking anymore about surprising Mr. Hunt, the last thing I wanted to do was think of something and have to go get stuff.....I was glued to the computer all day. A few hours went by and Mr. Hunt called me back. I thought about not answering it knowing that I would spill the beans, but again something took over my body and I answered. To tell you the truth, I have NO CLUE what we talked about, all I was thinking about was that I was talking to my baby daddy! Then the subject of what we wanted for dinner came up. I said "We should go out to celebrate." "celebrate what?" Mr. Hunt said. "Oh I don't know, just celebrate." and I'm sure Mr. Hunt could hear my permanent smile (you know when you can tell someone is smiling while they are talking)? There was a little pause, "Are you pregnant" Mr. Hunt asked. Again there was silence because I really did want to surprise him a different way, but I just said "yeah..." Then Mr. Hunt didn't believe me. After that I don't remember what we talked about again, but I know there were some screams, lots of laughing, and happiness.
Mr. Hunt was on his way to get some lunch so he had to go. I was hoping he would be able to come home early that day to celebrate with me, but it was Friday which means he had to stay all day of meetings.
As soon as we hung up, I was so happy he knew and he was happy, but I was sad that I didn't surprise him like I always imagined. Lets face it, I'm not good at keeping secrets. Heck, I can't even keep Christmas gifts from Mr. Hunt until Christmas, how was I going to keep the fact that I had his baby inside me from him?
Now, weeks later, Mr. Hunt complains that I didn't tell him in the ideal situation. He was at work, on the way to get lunch and he couldn't be with me. He is upset that I didn't take the test while he was standing right there with me. I tried to explain the situation to him and the WHOLE reason I took it while he was gone every time was to be able to surprise him. Of course, he really isn't THAT mad, he just wishes if I were going to surprise him, then I should have so that we could have hugged and been together. Of course, we did have a good evening once Mr. Hunt finally got home that night. He just likes to tease me because he knows I can't keep a secret.

Next time, and there will be a next time (we want three kids, if we are so lucky), I will have the surprise planned out, that way when I get that positive test, Ill already know what to do. Or maybe, Ill take the test with him there with me so that we can jump up and down and be happy together right then.

I don't regret a thing that has happened so far in this pregnancy, not even the way I broke the news to Mr. Hunt. We will always remember this and he will always remember that he was on his way to lunch, sitting in his car. The most important part is that we finally have a healthy little baby that we created together about to come into this world in 6 short months. Amen!

Love,
Woman who can't keep secrets

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting