Friday, June 15, 2012

Oh My Gosh! Im Pregnant!!!

So most of you (well maybe only some because I know a lot of you that read this are family and already knew the news) were probably wondering why I was in such a writing slump. Well, to be honest, it was SO hard to think of anything else to write about than this HUGE secret I was keeping from the world. Lucky for you (I would assume), Ive still been writing about everything since the day I found out (April 20th) and just haven't posted them. So now, we will go into the catch up phase and start this new journey of being pregnant together (kinda).

One more thing before you read about THE day. I mention that Ive waited 6 months for that positive test. Mr. Hunt and I decided to start trying in November, but we really didn't try, just didn't prevent anything. Of course in my head, I wanted to be pregnant right then. It wasn't until a few months had past that I really started to look up the different ways to "help" and then got frustrated when those didn't work either. I would say that we really only tried 3 months out of the 6, but I was super excited to see that positive for sure!
**Also a little warning. depending on what you think is too much information, you may want to proceed with caution. There isn't anything too un called for in this post, but you could probably marine what things I might be talking about with pregnancy. I promise never to be too gross on here because I don't want to scare people away, but I also write this blog for my memory and don't want to skip things either.**

Originally written April 20th, 2012
Yes, today is THE DAY I found out! I honestly don't know what to do with myself. I'm so glad that I didn't have to go anywhere today like a job or I wouldn't have gotten anything done! I'm not even getting anything done today here at home! I have a lot on my to do list, but I just keep finding myself back at the computer looking up EVERYTHING baby related, I just can't help it.
So, the past few days, Ive felt a little weird. In the back of my mind, I thought for sure I was pregnant, but didn't want to get my hopes up like I have been for the past 6 months. The past six months while I was waiting to see if I was pregnant or not, I would make up little symptoms that obviously ended up not being pregnancy symptoms, but this time was different.
The first thing I noticed was little tingling feelings in my lower belly, and even sometimes a quick shooting pain. I didn't get these before. I still didn't want to jump to conclusions, because it could have been mind over matter and I was just thinking my lower belly was tingly, so I just waited. Plus it was still WAY too early to take a test.
Then 6 days before my "monthly girly visit" was due, Wednesday April 18th, I took a test that morning. For those of you that don't know about these tests, they have early detection tests that can detect pregnancy up to 6 days before your "monthly girly visit." I couldn't wait any longer, but it came back negative. I was so bummed. Besides me not being able to wait much longer to take the test, I also took it because it was my last one in the pack that I bought. This way, I wouldn't buy another test until I missed my "monthly girly visit" as not to waste anymore tests like I have in the past few months.
After getting a negative on Wednesday, I really was upset. Of course I did what I had done the other 6 months and started researching things online to make myself feel better. Mostly I would look at the websites that showed that some people took a test 6 days out and got a negative, but they were still pregnant.  I won't go into all the details of this crazy thing, but basically your body produces hCG when you are pregnant and the more days you are pregnant, the more hCG is produced. hCG is what the test detects so if their isn't much in your body at the time you take it, you get a negative.
Anyways, on Wednesday, the day I got the negative, I once again had the two voices inside my head going back and forth like they had been for so long. "You can still be pregnant, isn't that great?" and "No, you just got a negative, don't get excited, you probably aren't pregnant."
Something came over me at the grocery store that day, and despite me intentionally taking the last test so not to waste anymore, I bought another box of three tests! I know, I'm crazy! That night, I became very bloated, sorry if this is too much info. My belly was huge compared to what it normally looks like. I put it off as something I mast have ate since I just got a negative test that morning.
So the next day, Thursday the 19th, I started to get really tired. A tired that wasn't normal at all. Since being here in Texas and not working, I still put myself on a schedule, because if I don't, then I would never get anything done. Since on the new schedule, I'm never tired, I always have energy and my days are great! So, being tired was a little weird. Again, I assumed pregnancy, but didn't get my hopes up. I also had some small cramps and lower back pain, but put that off as "pre monthly girly visit." Towards the middle of the day, I was so bloated that I couldn't think of anything else. Is this TMI? Anyway, I almost looked pregnant I was so bloated, and this has NEVER happened before. It was very strange. So, I thought for sure, I HAD to be pregnant. With all the research I have done in the past, I know that in order to know for sure you are pregnant is to take a pregnancy test (obviously), but people have also taken ovulation tests too and got positives. I had some left, so I took one. (This is where you probably think I'm really crazy now). I just didn't want to waste the pregnancy tests since I had just got a negative 24 hours before this. I was waiting for the smiley face to pop up on the ovulation test, and I didn't get it. Again, SO bummed.
OK, this is getting to be a really LONG story. Sorry. But I have to write it so that I always remember. So after getting a negative on the ovulation test, I immediately told myself that I wasn't pregnant. I couldn't have been, this was two negatives, one on 6 days out and the other on 5 days out. But again, I also told myself that it was just an ovulation test, not a pregnancy test, so maybe it was wrong. Who knows? That night, I was still so bloated. Mr. Hunt even said that he had never seen my stomach so pooched out before (and I didn't even mention being bloated to him, he was just being a sweet husband and pointed out my pooched belly). It was then that I wanted to make an excuse for having a big belly so I finally told Mr. Hunt that I thought I was pregnant (even though I had just taken a test a few hours ago that was negative).  You heard that right? I hadn't really mentioned to Mr. Hunt about thinking I was pregnant yet, only because he had heard it so many times before and it was never true. So as soon as I mentioned it he asked when I would be able to take a test and as I told him all the corresponding dates, he said "So you can take one now then, right?" I told him that I couldn't take one then because it was best to take the test in the morning, especially this early out, and the conversation ended. Even though that is true, I really just didn't want to take one since I just had a negative hours before.
The next morning (THIS MORNING), I woke up and had small cramps and lower back pain again. Ive never experienced this much though with my "monthly girly visit" so again the idea of being pregnant was in my head. The tests were calling my name and if I were to test today, now was the time since it was as soon as I woke up. I hurried and ripped the box open and took the test. Usually when I take them, I walk away since it takes up to three minutes to get an answer, but this morning was different. I decided to sit there and wait. Three minutes later, it said "PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!"
I didn't know what to do. My heart was racing!

To be continued.....


So here we are a few months later. Im almost 12 weeks pregnant and everything is going great so far. I have a lot written about each week that has gone by and the two doctor visits Ive already been on. Mr. Hunt and I are so excited about this next chapter in our lives. Its funny how Ive always dreamed of this, and now its coming true. We couldn't be happier. Thank you everyone for all the support so far. The ones that have been there from the beginning (mostly family), its been a little rough, but I hope these next few weeks will be a lot better.

I love you all.


Love,
Jennifer (mommy to be)

1 comment:

♥ Jennifer said...

Congrats!!! That's so exciting!

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting