Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Jane's Sleeping Arrangement

Like the naive mother that I was, I was for sure that I would have Jane sleep in her crib from night one. I know someone else that did that and it worked out for them. 
Of course the first night we got home, I put her in the crib.....



She started screaming, and I couldn't do it. I had to put her in our room. Plus, while breastfeeding, its just easier to pick her up right there in our room. So I put her in this portable rocker that I got from Target and she loves it. It has a small incline, but I wasn't too worried, and she sleeps good in it. 


For naps in the beginning, I couldn't get enough snuggles with her so most of the time she slept on me or Mr. Hunt. 
Apparently you cant "spoil" a baby until they are about three months. I'm going to believe that and snuggle all I can. 







She also likes to sleep in her swing. 



The it dawned on me. In order for her to "like" her crib one day, she needed to sleep on her back....flat. When we held her, she was always on her belly, and the rocker and swing were both on an incline. She had never really slept flat on her back. 
So I decided to let her take a few naps in her crib and pack and play to get used to it. 


I'm afraid I waited too long now because she doesn't sleep well like this. If she is SUPER tired she will sleep for maybe 30 minutes, but she can sleep alot longer in the swing or on my chest. 

I wanted to transition Jane into her crib for the night at 6 weeks old......hmmmmmm....shes 7 weeks now and she is still in our room. 
She couldn't do it. She didn't like the crib. She doesn't like to sleep on her back flat. As soon as I took her out and put her back int the rocker, she was passed out for the night. 
I thought for a brief second that maybe I should put the rocker in her room, but I would worry too much about her the entire night. I have a breathing monitor in her crib that will sound an alarm if she ever stopped breathing. Obviously the rocker doesn't have that. 
I talked to Mr. Hunt about her sleeping in our room and he doesn't have a problem. You see, feeding Jane in our room in the middle of the night doesn't phase Mr. Hunt. He sleeps through it every single time. 

So my goal now is to have her sleep in her crib or pack and play as much as possible for naps and get her used to sleeping on her back. Then I will put her in the crib for the night. 

Ill let you know how that goes. 

Love
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting