Friday, August 24, 2012

18 Week Appointment

I totally forgot to update on my 18 week appointment, so this is mainly for me to look back on.

When we first got there, we were so excited to hopefully find out if we were having a boy or girl. We were called in right away for the ultrasound. The tech told us that she was going to record the ultrasound on DVD for us so that our family can see. Normally for the gender appointment, the couple can bring friends and family, but sadly we didn't have many people around so it was just us. The DVD will be great to show everyone though. The baby was moving around so much and it was so fun to see what looked like a real baby on the screen. All the features were looking like a little human. Right away the tech asked if we were sure we wanted to know the gender, and we of course said YES. I'm not sure why I thought this, but I thought for sure it would take her a few minutes to look and double and triple check, but right away she said "you're have a little girl." Mr. Hunt looked over to me right away and smiled. I was glad he was happy.


The rest of the appointment I tried to hard to pay attention but all I could think about was that it was a girl. I couldn't believe it. I thought she was a boy! The tech said that usually what the Mom thinks that baby will be is the opposite, and the Dad is usually right. This was the last ultrasound we are scheduled to have so the tech went through every single body part inside and out and measured everything. She passed everything 100%, we have a healthy little nugget. She was actually measuring 2 days bigger than my due date, but the tech said that changes alot. The little girl was talking to us. Everytime we looked at her face, her mouth was opening and closing like she was talking, then she yawned. It was so cute.

After that, I still had to check in with my doctor and get more blood work done. She measured my stomach at 21 cm and said that was good. She also showed me how the baby was sitting in my uterus and where my placenta was in comparison to her. I have an anterior placenta which means that the baby is behind the placenta which is right in front of my stomach. She said that it will probably move around as the baby moves around, but for now, I might not feel alot of movements since its covering her. I hope that makes sense. After talking, the doctor was a little worried about me having a ton of bloody noses. I know....gross. But they last for close to 45 minutes each when I get them. So while I was getting my blood work done, I got an extra tube done to check on that. Everything came back normal and I haven't had a bloody nose since.

It was so fun to talk to Mr. Hunt about having a girl while we waited for each doctor. He really is excited. He mentioned that he understands there will be alot of dance classes and recitals in his future. Of course I'm not going to push dance on her, but I really hope she likes it as much as I do!


Love,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting