Thursday, August 2, 2012

My God is Good!!!!!

I have found myself in the last few weeks thinking further into this whole pregnancy thing. Usually it happens when I'm by myself, driving, or just thinking about my little girl, which is pretty much always. The main thing Ive been thinking about lately is how AWESOME it is that God picked ME to grow this little girl. ME, nobody else. He picked Mr. Hunt to be a great Dad, which he already is. Its so strange to think that I am carrying and growing this little girl that will one day be walking on this earth and on her own. God must really love and trust me to be a mommy to her. I really cant get this thought past my mind lately. It almost brings tears to my eyes every time.
He has also blessed us with some friends here in Austin. Mr. Hunt and I can usually do our own thing and be just as happy together, but we were itching for some friends, and one day at the pool, a sweet girl introduced herself to me. Her and her husband are our age and they have a little boy who is the sweetest thing in the world. He is 10 months old now, so our babies will be close in age. Although they are very fun, nice, and welcoming, they also introduced us to their church. Mr. Hunt and I have been wanting to try out churches and find a good church before the baby was born. It is important for us to raise the child going to church every Sunday and to be around the love of God as much as possible. We've gone to their church now for two weeks and we really do like it. I truly believe that God put them in our lives for this, also to have friends of course, but we are so thankful.
Lastly, I beam with love and I'm so proud that Mr. Hunt is my husband every time I think about what he is doing. There are a TON of homeless people in the Austin area. Ive never seen so many in one area. We run into one almost every time we go anywhere. My heart breaks for them and I cant help but wonder how they got to that point, but its not my place to judge. The problem is that we never have cash on us, so we can hardly every help. Mr. Hunt decided that he was going to buy mini Bibles and hand them out to the homeless people instead of giving them money. He is so proud of his idea, and I think its perfect. They came in the mail yesterday and he has them in his car since he runs into them alot more than I do. Isn't that awesome? Yeah, that's my husband.
God has been so good to us lately. I know he is always there, but I truly believe that he comes into our lives a little more when we really do need him. Just like I need him, being here without family close by and pregnant. There are plenty of days or times where I just want to hug my mommy or hear the comforting words of my mom in law besides just over the phone. That's when I just talk to God, and honestly I feel better right away. I talk to him and think about all that he has given Mr. Hunt and I and why we are even here.
God is Good People!!! Get to know Him and you will know what I'm talking about.


Love,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting