Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Nursery Officially Started

I finally got the nursery cleaned out! It took a very long time. To make things a little easier, I made four different piles. Attic, Goodwill, Crafts, and Misc. Once I had everything sorted, I had Mr. Hunt help me put the things in the attic, I took the things to Goodwill, and I reorganized the crafts into different spots in the house.
Here is what the room looked like before I touched anything, if you don't remember.




Oh, I moved the dog crates into the dining room for now. We don't eat in there ever and it was the only other spot that was out of the way. I'm going to try my hardest to get them weened off the crate, but they just love them so much. I will definitely move them when guests come, but for now, they are fine there. I also had a HUGE pile of pictures and frames that I still haven't done anything with, but I might use some of them for the nursery, so they are just sitting in the hall right now. The big table is now residing in the garage with all the other random extra furniture that we have.

Once cleaned out, it looked like this....



The paint didn't look as bad when there was a bunch of junk in there, I had to paint over it....and QUICK!

Ive been seeing some very pretty nurseries that are painted grey, with a few accents colors splashed in with the bedding and what not, so that's what I decided to do. Plus, I miss the grey walls that we painted the dining and living room in our house in Charlotte, so I used the same color. Davis and I painted it while he was here, and it turned out great!



Don't mind River's behind in the second picture, I couldn't get him to move. The grey is a little lighter in person, it seems dark in these pictures, but it turned out great! For the accent colors, Mr. Hunt decided that he wanted this painting in the nursery


I love the painting too, and any input that Mr. Hunt wanted to give about his little girl's room is fine with me. I wasnt too keen on a theme really and Im still not sure I want a fish theme, but Im thinking about it. This is it up against the grey wall. This grey color is a little more like how it looks in person. So, I am going to pick two or three colors from this fish painting for the bedding and to be the accent colors. The crib, dresser, and chair will all be white. I'm also going to get a cushy rug for under the crib in a fun color. I'm not sure how much I like the brown carpet against the grey walls, but once all the furniture and rug are in there, it will be fine.

So that's it for now. Mr. Hunt and I are probably going to go this weekend to look for cribs and stuff. Ill be back with updates as we go.


Love,
Jennifer

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Love the paint color! What's it called?

Unknown said...

Thanks. Its Behr Silver Tinsel. I love it. Its the only grey that Ive found that actually looks grey so far.

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting