Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Davis Was Here

So just yesterday I drove Davis back to the airport to return home after his week long visit. Did you know that "pregnancy brain" is a real thing? Like, us pregnant woman really do forget alot of stuff? I always though pregnant woman made it up, but I have it! I read its real, you can look it up. Anyway, Ive had alot of "pregnancy brain" lately. Most of the time, I just cant think of a word that I'm trying to say. I accidentally called a horse a dog the other day just for an example. Sometimes I just stop in the middle of a sentence to think of the word, then the sentence is ruined.
All this pregnancy brain is to explain two things. One, is the excuse as to where Ive been lately. I have about three weeks of pregnancy info and bump pictures to share, and the beginnings of the nursery. Two, is the excuse as to why I didn't take one single photo while Davis was here. We did some pretty fun stuff, but I forgot my camera every time. So, Ill tell you about his visit in a short but sweet non picture way.

Since Mr. Hunt still had to work, Davis and I hung out most of the days and waited for Mr. Hunt to get home so that we could go to some great restaurants. We tried alot of new places for dinner. One of the days while Mr. Hunt was at work, Davis and I painted the nursery. I was surprised and pleased at how fast it took with the two of us working together, and it turned out great. Another day we went to the pool. I also got Davis hooked on the TV show American Horror Story. Davis is just like me and Mr. Hunt and he loves scary movies. American Horror Story is like one long scary movie, but a TV show. We spent some time watching all the episodes of the first season and got ready for the second season coming this September.
On Saturday we decided to drive to San Antonio (well, New Braunfels) to go to a water park called Shlitterbahn. I knew that I wasn't going to be able to ride most of the slides, but I was content with the idea of laying in a chair, or floating in the lazy river. Shlitterbahn is known for two of the rides. The ride that was voted the #1 water ride in the world for the last 8 years and the longest water ride in the world. The boys wanted to make sure that they got to ride both so as soon as we got there, they took off for the line for the #1 ride. I parked myself in a chair next to what I thought was the lazy river and told the boys to meet me back there. We all left our phones in the car, so there wasn't another way to keep track of each other, or the time. Alot of time went by and I was starting to get hot, so I went to get into the lazy river when the lifeguard told me that this was an exit only to this ride. Long story short, I couldn't get in. I sat back down thinking the boys would be back any minute and I was starting to get hungry. I didn't want to leave the chair or the area thinking that any minute they would come back. THREE HOURS LATER, they came back. At this point, I was so hungry, tired, HOT, and cranky. That's not a good mix for a pregnant woman. I cant believe that the line was really 3 hours long. The boys said they were glad they did it, but they wouldn't wait in line again. We hurried and got something to eat as we were all three starved by this time. Then we rode the longest ride in the world which was actually very fun and the water was very refreshingly cold. By the time that ride was over (30 minutes), we decided we were ready to go. We got there at 10am and it was already 3pm and we had only rode two rides. The other good rides were a 2 hour wait and I couldn't go on them either, so it was just time for us to leave.
We met Mr. Hunt's aunt, uncle, cousin, and cousin's girlfriend in Gruene Texas for dinner on our way back. I wrote a post about that place awhile back when we met them there for lunch once. It was good food and we sat in the shade. It was alot cooler by then thank goodness. We found out later that it was 108 degrees that day. Wow!
Sunday was very relaxing. We were still tired from the day before to be honest. We woke up early and went to the grocery store to get stuff to grill. We came back, grilled, and watched team USA win a gold metal in basketball. Then the boys watched a movie (I took a nap), and watched more sports. We headed out once more in the evening to pick up our favorite take and bake pizza and had that while watching the Braves game. Nothing like eating food all day while watching sports. At least for the boys it was fun. I was just glad to be relaxing, the day before took everything out of me.
Then came Monday when I had to take Davis back to the airport. I still cant believe that I didn't take one picture. And yes, I blame the pregnancy brain, I really do. I had the camera out, just always forgot to take it with us when we left the house. Oh well, y'all have good imaginations.

I promise to update you on all things pregnancy, but that's probably not going to be until Mr. Hunt gets back from his business trip. He has to take the laptop with him, so no blogging for me. Ill miss you too!

Love,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting