Thursday, August 16, 2012

The Sound of Music

I was so excited to find out that there was a FREE play of The Sound of Music in downtown Austin in a Park. I'm pretty sure I know all the words to every song of that movie I watched it so many times when I was little. I even have home videos of me reenacting some of the scenes. This was a huge deal. Mr. Hunt originally found it online somewhere and we planned on attending, but then our neighbors reminded us of it and wanted to know if we wanted to go with them, so we did.
We should have thought ahead a little more and gotten there a little earlier. Seeing as it was free, we just sat wherever we could find a spot. We went to dinner beforehand and we showed up as soon as the play was starting, so naturally there wasn't that many good seats left. We brought blankets and snacks and set up where we found the best spot.
The play was good even though they didn't follow the movie story line as well as I thought they would. I guess since the movie is forever long, they had to shorten it a bit. It was still so much fun. I loved being outside in the warm weather, laying on a blanket with Mr. Hunt, and watching one of my favorite movies turned into a play.




We are definitely going back to the next play and we will get there a little earlier next time to get a good seat!


Love,
Sound of Music Loving Gal


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting