Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Weekend Activities

This past weekend was relaxing but busy at the same time. Friday night after work we went straight over to Mr. Hunt's cousin's volleyball game tournament. It was fun to see them and see Allie play volleyball. I don't know much about that game, but now I do.

This is me watching the game. I was cold so I used Allie's volleyball blanket.

We tried to sleep in on Saturday but lately I cant sleep past 9:30 or 10. Mr. Hunt's mom picked us up to go back to the volleyball tournament. We were there most of the day and ate at Fuel Pizza for lunch. That night we went to a new bar in walking distance from our house, had dinner, and hung out with our friend Mike Lippard. It was a fun and interesting night :)

On Sunday morning I woke up at 9:30 again. I went straight to the bathroom and I heard Hannah hobbling towards me. When she came in the bathroom, I saw that her cast had fallen off. It really scared me because I haven't seen her paw since it has been in a cast. This time, the vet put tubes in the hole in her paw so that the infection can drain. It looked so gross and I started screaming for Mr. Hunt. We were due for a checkup that day at 4pm, but we wrapped it up as best we could and I made an appointment for noon when they opened. The rest of the morning I couldn't go back to sleep because I was so worried about her. Finally we left to take her back to the vet. By the time we got there, the tubes slid out. I felt so bad for her. Good news is that the vet said it looks like it is finally starting to heal. They say two more weeks, but we will see.

I got my stitches out yesterday afternoon. After the nurse took them out (which really hurt) the doctor proceeded to tell me that she took them out too early. I am now wearing a strip that holds the cut together. I have to wear that for three more days. The first thing I asked the doctor was "can I get my hand wet?" he said NO! I was so sad because that was what I was looking forward to the most. I cant wash my face, take a shower, or do the dishes. I need my right hand to be able to get wet again. The doctor also let me know that I cut the nerves on the tip of my finger which means that part of my finger will be numb forever.

We have had a pretty crazy few weeks and it is only going to get crazier with the move coming up in 3 weeks. I just want Hannah and I to be totally healed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting