Thursday, March 25, 2010

Pi Kappa Phi Centennial Weekend

We have been pretty busy this week with Hannah and my stitches (and having brown water throughout the house last night), but I wanted to update you on our wonderful weekend in Columbia.
Mr. Hunt's fraternity, Pi Kappa Phi is celebrating its centennial this year. For that reason, they had a weekend full of activities for everyone to get together.
Friday night there was an oyster roast. Mr. Hunt and I love oysters, but I didn't eat any that night because we had a bunch the night before. It was good to see all of our friends that have moved away and we never get to see. For those of you that don't know, most of Mr. Hunt's good friends are my good friends and most of my good friends are his good friends. That's how we met! I was around his fraternity alot and all the guys are so fun. So seeing them was very exciting. After the oyster roast we went to a bar called The Loose Cockaboose. They had a beach music band playing and people were playing corn hole. Then we went downtown to 5 points where all the bars are. That's where I (and Mr. Hunt I'm sure) realized that we were getting old. It was still very fun but I was getting tired very easily. It was a good night!
The next day we woke up and went to a BBQ at his fraternity house. It was such a nice day out, i think it was 75 degrees or something. After that we went back to the hotel to take a nap since we were out pretty late the night before, then we got ready for the banquet.
The banquet was at Mr. Hunt's old hotel that he used to work at. Everyone got dressed up and we had dinner and danced. There were alot of alumni of Pi Kappa Phi there. The oldest one was 93 years old! He was initiated in 1938! The chicken was very dry, but Mr. Hunt's dance moves made up for that. I think everyone was in tears because they were laughing so much at his dancing. He was having a good time for sure. I love to dance, anywhere, so I was having tons of fun too. We went back to 5 points that night to attend "techno night" at one of the bars. Once again there as alot of dancing. Mr. Hunt and I were still pretty tired from the night before (like I said, we are getting old) so we went to Jimmy Johns and ate a sub, then went back to our hotel.
It was a great weekend! Its nice to get away from the routine sometimes, but it can also wear you out. I loved seeing all of my friends, and I think I wished (maybe once) that I was back in college.

UPDATE: Hannah is doing good. She is still eating chicken and goldfish, but she is back to her crazy self as much as she can be. She tries to play and run but then when she realizes that she has the cast on still, she gets mad, pouts, and lays down. She is at the vet now getting x-rays to make sure that she doesn't have a bone infection. Keep your fingers crossed. I hope this doesn't take forever to heal.....River needs his friend/sister back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting