Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Back to the Vet

We took Hannah back to the vet last night. She still wasn't eating and she had bled through the bandages when we got home from work.

As soon as we got there they rushed her back and fixed her up. I could hear her screaming from the lobby. I had to walk away for awhile. When the Vet came out she told us that is was very important to get x-rays on Thursday to rule out bone infections. The cut was so deep in her paw that it may have hit her bone. If the bone gets infected, she may have to get her leg amputated. I was horrified when she said that. I hope that doesn't happen. We are taking her back tomorrow morning to get a check up and x-rays (that is if we don't take her tonight with a bled through bandage again).

When we got home from the vet we fed her boiled chicken that she scarfed down. We also got her to eat all four pills. I was very relieved. Mr. Hunt had to shove a few of them down her throat and do the trick that the vet taught us (shove it down the throat, hold her mouth shut, rub under her neck, and blow in her face). It seemed to work.

This morning I was awakened by Hannah talking to me with a toy in her mouth. I was so happy! She was her old self again. That didn't last that long. As soon as we tried to feed her again, she was in a bad mood.

I think she is slowly getting better. I cant wait for her to get the cast off. Mr. Hunt promised her he would play fetch with her for three hours when she gets it off.

I love you Hannah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting