Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Bad Monday

Yesterday was a BAD Monday. Hannah and I both had to get stitches! I got 4 and Hannah got 15! Here is the story...
Mr. Hunt and I went to Columbia this past weekend for his fraternity's centennial celebration. We left River and Hannah at Club K9. On Sunday morning Mr. Hunt got a call from Club K9 saying that Hannah woke up with a limp and that it must have been something that River did to her. River has had many limps, and it usually goes away so that is what I was hoping. When we got there to pick them up, she still had the limp. Mr. Hunt checked her paw when we got in the car and she screamed! We knew we had to take her to the vet.

The vet tried to look the best she could at Hannah without hurting her too much. She told us that it was definitely the pinkie toe and that it was either broken, bruised, or sprained and that she needed x-rays. We took home some pain and inflammatory medications for her and they told us to come back in three days if it didn't get better to go ahead and get the x-rays.
The next morning we woke up to find blood and puss (sorry I know that is gross) ALL over the couch where she slept. She couldn't stop licking her toes. I tried to feed her but she wouldn't eat. I called Mr. Hunt to get his advise and he told me to try to feed her the wet food we had. I opened the wet food can and tried to pull off the top. My finger slipped and I sliced the tip of my middle finger right open. I started freaking out right away. I tried to run water over it but it was bleeding too much. After wrapping it in paper towels and raising my hand in the air I called Mr. Hunt. He came home right away after only being at work for 20 minutes and rushed me to Urgent Care. Sure enough, I got 4 stitches. The shot they gave me to numb my whole hand hurt pretty bad, but not the stitches. Mr. Hunt asked if it hurt and I said "No, have they started yet?" He and the doctor both laughed and said "yes, Ive already put two in." Now I have a huge bandage on my right hand, so its hard to do alot that I usually do. For example: it is taking me forever to type this right now because the bandage keeps hitting random keys and I have a bunch of misspelled words.

When we got home for Urgent Care, Mr. Hunt went back to work. I had the day off so I decided to take Hannah back to the vet. Turns out that she had a huge cut in between her toes. No x-rays needed...just stitches. I had to leave her there for the day and Mr. Hunt and I picked her up at 6pm last night. She threw up all over the vet lobby and Mr. Hunt's dress pants. Her whole arm is wrapped up and needs to be wrapped for 3 weeks. Not only was it a cut...it was a 4 inch deep cut all the way up into her paw. The vet said there is no way that River could have done that, and that she definitely had to of stepped on something.
I am still very worried about her because she hasn't eaten since yesterday morning. All she does is sleep and cry. After calling the vet this morning, he said that the tranquilizer they used was very strong and she may not want to eat until tomorrow morning. The problem is is that I cant give her the pain medication without having her eat. She doesn't want to eat because she is in pain. Its a big huge circle.

I called Club K9 and they agreed to reimburse us for the boarding for the weekend and also pay all of our vet bills. That is nice of them...but I miss my old crazy Hannah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting