Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Valentine's Day!

With social media, and especially Pinterest, sometimes I feel like Im failing Jane with the holidays. Are you a bad Mom if you don't have "presents" out on Valentine's Day morning, or you don't make special heart shaped pancakes? 
I know she wont be able to see what others get, but in the back of my mind, I feel like maybe I don't do enough. The holidays just sneak up on ya and also, sometimes things are too expensive!
I will admit though, that we did have some treats out for Jane in the morning AND I made heart shaped pancakes! haha! 
The main thing she wanted was a balloon. Every single time we go to the grocery store, she points out all the balloons. For a few weeks, she would point out all the heart ones that were out for Valentine's Day. So I knew for sure I wanted to get her one, but Mr. Hunt beat me to it. And it was definitely her favorite thing! 


I grabbed a little pink cat sippy cup from Target mainly because we really need more sippy cups. I can't stand ones that leak, so if they leak, they go in the trash. I also got her that little tube of Skittles, but turns out she likes chocolate more....so I ate all the Skittles. Mr. Hunt also bought her that little box of chocolate, once again a "winner" in her book. The main "gift" we got her was that mini barbie doll. I wasn't sure if she would like it, but she loves her! She even sleeps with her at night. Then of course we got her some cookies and icing to make later that day. Simple, but a surprise in her eyes!


Here are the pancakes!


They were chocolate chip if you couldn't tell.


We had a pretty relaxing day. Nothing special. Mr. Hunt and Jane made the cookies together before bed.


They turned out very good!


Easter is coming up and I feel like I need to hurry and get ready. Does it matter she doesn't have an Easter dress? Should I get one? Or just put her in a regular dress she would normally wear for church. Again, I don't want her to be the only one at church NOT in an Easter dress! Also, Jackson is due right around that time, so I really need to get things ready ahead of time for multiple reasons.

Bye Y'all,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting