Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Why Im already listening to Christmas Music

I'm already listening to Christmas music whenever I get the chance. I even made Mr. Hunt put it on the radio on the way home for errands the other day. I did wait until after Halloween though.

I may have mentioned why I am so excited for Christmas this year in a previous post, but I will explain again. I actually don't know why I am so excited, but I think its this....Last year we didn't have a great Christmas. Christmas is always good, we celebrate Jesus' and River's birthday and are usually with family. But last year we weren't. It was the first year that we were all alone with no family. We had to wait until my family came to visit a few days after.

I had just had Jane and we were new parents trying to figure out what the heck we were doing and praying we could keep this little girl alive while we didn't have any help at first. Our minds were other places besides celebrating the holidays.

We tried really hard. I actually was listening to Christmas music a lot in the days before Jane was born followed by after. Mr. Hunt's parents came to visit at the beginning of December and even helped us put a Christmas tree and Christmas lights out. I guess it was just the missing family members that made us a little sad.

We had already spent Thanksgiving alone and there we were (feeling sorry for ourselves) alone again for Christmas. SO....This year I am finding that I am more and more excited for Christmas as the days go by. Sadly we are doing Thanksgiving alone again, but we have Jane this time and we will try to make it great for her first Thanksgiving. So maybe thats why too, Im just skipping Thanksgiving all together. But we are going to be with family this year for Christmas and I can't be more excited! We will be with both sides for Jane's birthday celebration and then spending Christmas in Bluffton.

I used to never think about Christmas until after Thanksgiving. I was never the type to rush the holidays. But this year I am and not on purpose. Its just exciting! Plus, its Jane's second Christmas but I think she will have more fun this year as well and it will be fun to see her open gifts etc.

Am I crazy? I'm still not taking out any decorations or anything until after Thanksgiving, but them music won't stop and Im enjoying it!

Love,
Lady Ready for December Already

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting