Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Busy Days

Our days have been getting busier and I'm enjoying it. I like to go out in the morning for something small (at least) so that Jane and I don't go crazy being inside all day.

This past Friday was such a fun day for us so I wanted to share. Jane was in a great mood all day too which is pretty much the usual for her anyway.

For the first time ever, we walked to our local library and attended story time. Ive wanted to go previous times, but they were always during Jane's nap time and we couldn't miss that. Now that she is only taking her one afternoon nap, it was perfect. Except the story time for her age group is still during her afternoon nap. So I took her to the toddler one instead. It was recommended for 18 months and older. I wasn't sure how it would go or if they would let us in, so I wasn't getting my hopes up.

Turns out they let us in, but she was definitely the youngest. She also didn't really pay attention, but MAN DID SHE HAVE FUN! and to me, that's all that matters. She was all over the place making friends, squealing, laughing, and dancing.

There she goes.....


coming back!


Here she is somewhat listening to the story.


Then she went off again. Look closely and you can see her rolling around on the ground.


Don't worry, there were other kids all over the place too, I wouldn't have let this happen if I didn't think it was appropriate.

Then she almost drank out of this guys drink. Almost.


She got a stamp for being good at the end!


I'm sure we will go back, but we might have to contain her a little more next time and I'm not sure she will like that. She had a blast going around everywhere. As we were getting ready to leave I heard the story time lady and another mother talking and I overheard the story time lady say "Oh yeah, I don't mind when the kids move around and play, as long as they aren't up here in my space." Oops! Oh well, if she really felt like that she should have said something, but next time I won't let her up there.

When we got home something happened that never has happened before. She sat STILL! I had to take a picture, it was a miracle. She must have really been tired.


Look at these crossed legs!


The sitting still thing lasted like 2 minutes, but it was still cute.

Then after her nap, we walked to the pet store. This turkey was outside and Jane gave him a kiss.


Then we spent some time looking at all the fish and birds before grabbing the dog food and going home.

Once we were home, Jane spent some time paying with the dog food. She was having a blast slapping the bag!



Then we met Mr. Hunt and some of his coworkers for dinner at our normal Friday spot, Freddies. Once again, Jane was great!

We had such a good Friday and a wonderful weekend as well. Hope y'all did too!

Love
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting