Friday, November 15, 2013

Upcoming Stuff

I'm sorry Ive been so boring lately y'all. I have so much on my mind that its hard to sit down and write about it, plus most things on my mind don't have pictures to go with it....and blog posts without pictures can be boring sometimes.

So, Ill let y'all in on some of the stuff on my mind. Or just all the things and activities we have coming up. Shall we?
  • Jane's first birthday is right around the corner. I'm not sure Ive ever planned this far ahead for a party before, but Ive been working on everything for it for about 2 months now and we are about a month away now. We are DIYing a lot of the decorations and Ive already bought everything we need and given it to my mom. She and my brother's girlfriend Jenn will probably start on some of them so that we aren't doing everything last minute and realizing that its not going to work and the whole party looks like a Pinterest fail. I still need to make a few things here though to bring with me and I still have thousands of ideas in my head of what I want to happen. I really just need to stop where I am. 
  • This brings me to the next birthday related thing. We are planning Jane's birthday photo shoot and I have a whole bunch of ideas for that too. To be honest, if it weren't for Pinterest, then I would probably have one idea or no idea and things would probably be easier. Oh Pinterest, you are a blessing and a curse! 
  • I'm also making a video of Jane's first year. I'm trying to put everything that is important in her first year in it, while also making sure its not an hour long video. She's just so cute and she's already done so much to document, its hard.
  • As you all know, I'm super excited for Christmas. Ive already looked up all the Christmas related activities that are going on around town and Ive made a 25 days of Christmas to do list. Most days are just watching Christmas Movies, but there are a lot of other fun activities planned. I actually did this last year too but we didn't do a lot of the activities mainly because I was nine months pregnant and I didn't want to walk around a bunch, but also because we lived further away. Now we live right downtown and will be close to everything. Also, I think Jane will like a lot of it, especially all the Christmas lights. I wonder if she will like Santa
  • Don't let me skip over Thanksgiving now. I'm excited for that too, even though it will just be Mr. Hunt, Jane, me and the fur babies. Mr. Hunt and I love to cook so we are excited to do Thanksgiving for the second year in a row together. I'm also excited for Jane to try all the Thanksgiving food. I wonder if she will like Pumpkin Pie?
  • Giving Christmas gifts to family and friends is hard when you live far away. We either need to buy them online and send them to their house (but that's not personal with the wrapping and everything). Or we need to ship it ourselves. Or just bring it with us when we go. But packing for 7 days with a baby is already going to be a lot of luggage. Yeah, that probably won't happen.
  • I think Jane already needs her first haircut. I'm so torn about it though. Her bangs and tickling her eyes and the sides are tickling her ears. But I know most of the time baby girls don't get their first haircut until its super long so do they just let the hair get in their eyes? It doesn't seem to bother her yet and I guess I will just start to actually style her hit every morning. Right now, I just put the bangs back in a clip or a hair tie. Hmmm decisions decisions.
  • I'm starting to get used to our new schedule with Jane only taking one nap. Ive just decided that if I want my sanity still when Mr. Hunt comes home from work, I need to do at least one outing per day. We dint go out much before because her naps were pretty close together and it was fine. The outings can be anything....grocery store, errands, a walk, etc. Ive also looked up some fun stuff for Jane and we are going to go to story time at the library today. Ive discovered that she LOVES other kids. She squeals with excitement whenever she sees other kids and is sad when we leave, so I think story time will be fun. Ive also found a place called the Toybrary that we might try as well. Its like the library, but with toys. 
Do you notice most of this stuff on my mind is small stuff that I don't need to really worry about. But that's just me. I'm a worrier about little stuff. All this means though is that even though I don't have much to blog about right now, there will be a lot of blogging during this holiday season. I cannot wait to see how Jane reacts to all of the lights, Santa Clause, and Thanksgiving dinner.

Be back soon!
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting