Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Katie is a McKay

This past weekend we went to Charlotte NC for my sister-in-law's wedding fun! And that's just what it was....fun!

We flew there on Thursday evening. Jane did well on the flight. I can't even begin to explain how much easier it is to fly when Mr. Hunt is with me.

Friday morning was wonderful. You know why? When Jane woke up and I brought her into the bed with Mr. Hunt and I. This never happens at our house because the dogs sleep in the bed with us and if we brought Jane in the bed, they would go crazy and not sit still. It was fun to just cuddle for a few minutes.


Then she did this....she put her head on my shoulder.  And I melted and never wanted to move.


That morning I went to the bridesmaids brunch while Mr. Hunt hung out with Jane. The brunch was wonderful with lots of yummy food. After that we just hung out for the rest of the day before we headed to the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. My parents showed up just in time to watch Jane while Mr. Hunt, Davis, and I went to the rehearsal.

The rehearsal dinner was at Roof With a View in uptown Charlotte. This is the view.


 We had some very yummy food and caught up with family and friends.


Katie and McKay came out halfway through dressed in their Korean outfits. It was awesome, and Katie looked great!





Sisters


Us with the new brother :)


Can you tell they're twins? haha!



All the siblings!


Bros


Friday night was awful! Jane was in and out of sleep from midnight until 2 and then wide awake until 4am, so I never went to sleep until 4am. That has NEVER happened before and I still have no clue what was wrong. I did EVERYTHING. Changed her diaper, gave her Tylenol, checked her temp, gave her a bottle, let her in our bed, slept by the pack and play, rocked her, etc. I'm not even really sure how she ended up going to sleep. But lets just say I was SO tired the next morning....but it was wedding day so I had to perk up!

My curlers matched my jacket!


And my hair turned out awesome!



I don't have many pictures since I was busy with all the bridesmaid stuff, but here is the bride and I. Isn't she stunning?


The reception was so much fun as well. Mr. Hunt, me, Michael, and Rachel all sat together and we had fun goofing off.


 Love my husband even though he always makes my head look 10Xs bigger than his somehow.


We seriously couldn't stop laughing for a good 5 minutes at one point. I can't remember what we were laughing at...



Maybe it was this picture. So awkward, but so us!


My parents, brothers, and Jenn sat at the table next to us.


Love my parents.


We all danced the night away (as usual) and then had some fun outside waiting for the bride and groom to exit.

haha! I love Dylan!


and Jenn!


The next day, Kaki and Tony had a little brunch at their house for anyone who was still in town to stop by. Jane and Mr. Hunt watched some cartoons on the iPad for a bit.

So cute!


Then Jane spent some time with her great granddaddy and great grandmama. She loves them....and granddaddy's glasses of course.



Then Jane finally got to meet our family friend's little girl Bridget. She is 7 months older than Jane but they were so cute together.


Jane loved her so much that she crawled over and gave Bridget a kiss on the cheek without anyone telling her to do it. It was so cute!


Jane with her Aunt Katie and Uncle McKay. This weekend was the first time she met Uncle McKay. They are also her God Parents so it was very special.


Every time we all get tougher we try to get a family picture. Seems as if we waiting too long and Jane was ready for her nap. So she wasn't so happy in this picture, but its still good.


We had such a grew time this weekend. Its so fun to spend time with family, but it seems worse every time we have to leave. Just one short month until we are headed back towards family for Christmas and Jane's first birthday!

Katie and McKay,
We are so so happy for y'all. I hope that your marriage is filled with adventure, love, and happiness forever. I know y'all have lots planned for your future, and I only wish that everything you wish comes true. We love you and we are so glad that you both are not only Jane's Aunt and Uncle, but her God Parents. We couldn't ask for more.

Love,
The Hunts

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting