Thursday, September 6, 2012

Gamecocks!

Gamecock football has officially started and I'm so happy about that. I LOVE football season....everything about it. This year, I was looking forward to it for another reason too. I always recall football season going by SO fast. This year, when football season is over, means that Jane will be here any time. We are hoping to get a good bowl game so that Jane can actually enjoy her first game outside in the world, we will see. So, I kind of want football season to go by fast again this year, but believe me, I will be enjoying every second.
This past Thursday was the first game. Mr. Hunt and I left Thursday afternoon to head to Galveston Texas for our anniversary trip. We got to Galveston just in enough time for the game to start. I had planned on calling and ordering pizza before the game started, I don't like talking during the game. So, I called Domino's to see if they delivered to our beach home. Long story short, we rented a house on the strip of Galveston, and there wasn't any food anywhere nearby. Everything was a good 15 minute drive away. The Domino's person told me they did deliver, and so I ordered and the game started! A few minutes later, I got a call saying, never mind, they don't deliver. I was annoyed. By this time, the game had started and now I had to find another place to deliver to us. Next up, and really the last choice was Pizza Hut. I called and asked specifically again if they delivered to me. They said yes, took my order, and hung up. Once again, they called back a few minutes later to say never mind, they don't. I honestly don't know what the problem was. Why did both say yes, and then say never mind? I'm sure they get alot of calls from homes near me, and I know I had the correct address.
Here is where the pregnancy took over. I sat in the chair thinking of how I was missing the game trying to find some food. I was starving and of course I wasn't going to leave the house or the TV, so I started crying. As soon as I started crying was when Lattimore ran the ball in for the first touchdown of the season! You would think I would be happy about that? Nope, I was more worried about food. Mr. Hunt had a good time laughing at the fact that I cried during the first touchdown of college football as a whole. I really cant blame anything but being pregnant, it makes me do weird things. Thinking back, if the two places had just told me no off the bat, I probably wouldn't have broke down.
Mr. Hunt calmed me down and took over the job of finding something to eat. We ended up having to wait until halftime to drive and pick up food, which wasn't that good, but I was really into the game by then that the taste of the food didn't really matter.



I'm so glad my jersey still fits! At least for now.
I got my act together and was able to enjoy the rest of the game.....sort of. That game was very stressful. We didn't look as good as I imagined and there were some worries we were going to lose a few times. I'm hoping the team will get some practice in and fix some of their stupid mistakes. I also hope that Connor Shaw's injury to his shoulder wont prevent him from playing. We really need him.

Anyway. The first game of the year had its ups and downs for sure, and I have a feeling that with me being pregnant, and the gamecocks history in general, there will be alot of stress filled games. I'm OK with it though, I love football.

So does Jane, she was moving around the whole game!


Up next, ECU Pirates! They are going DOWN!

Love,
Gamecock Lover

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting