Saturday, September 8, 2012

Anniversary Trip

When our anniversary was quickly approaching, Mr. Hunt and I went through so many ideas of how to celebrate. Another all inclusive trip, a cruise, going home to see family, going to a small bed and breakfast, going somewhere random in TX, going to the beach, etc. With Jane on the way, some of the choices were going to be too expensive, and some were just not practical for a pregnant woman. For example, I really wanted to go to a vineyard and stay in a bed and breakfast or something, but whats the point of going to a vineyard if I can't drink the wine? So, after much thought, we decided to go to Galveston TX which is about 4 hours away and is an island. We looked into some nice hotels on the beach with suites and a view, but they were SO expensive. That and the fact that the fur babies would have to go to daycare (which is almost $75 per night), it was getting expensive. Then we decided to look into renting a home on the beach so that we could bring the dogs. BINGO! We rented a little one bedroom house that was literally ON THE BEACH! I was so nice and comfy.


This is the view from the house porch.

Galveston is a little tiny strip of an island. Most of the time while driving down the strip, you are literally right on the water.


This picture was taken from the car. Not zoomed in at all.


There were some super cute houses on the strip. I loved all the colors.



 The sunsets were really great too. We heard the sunrises were better, but we never woke up for any of those.



Only bad thing was that we both got bit by a bunch of mosquitoes and if you haven't heard, West Nile is really bad here in TX right now. I cant wait until the end of September, when the mosquitoes are supposed to go away and I don't have to constantly worry about getting bit. As for now, we have mosquitoes bites, despite spraying bug spray, and we are waiting to see how we feel in the next two weeks. Please pray that we don't get sick. It takes 3 to 14 days to show symptoms.

Anyway, back to the fun stuff. Thursday night is when we arrived. I already talked about our Thursday night and how we watched the football game and I cried.


Poor River is never good with change. He paced around the small little house looking for a spot to rest and couldn't ever get comfortable. Usually he goes into our room and lays in the bed at home, but he wasn't even having that. After a little bit, we realized he wasn't pacing and Mr. Hunt found him in the bathroom.


Friday morning, we woke up around 9am and took the dogs right out to the water. There wasn't anyone there so we let them off the leash and they had a great time. Surprisingly, this was Hannah's first ever visit to the ocean. I'm not sure how she is three years old and hasn't been, but its true. I have NO pictures of this though. Why? Because my camera lens broke or something. It was all foggy. I couldn't see through it. Thankfully, I had another lens and I put that on when we got back to the house. I think the humidity got to it. It was IMPOSSIBLE to take a picture outside in the morning there. I thought I knew what humid weather was like, but this was nothing like Ive ever experienced. Even my sunglasses would fog up when I walked outside. Wiping them off two of three times would do the trick. I'm sure it didn't help that we were so close to the water.
Anyway, the dogs had a BLAST at the beach. They also loved to sit on the porch and watch people and their dogs at the beach. The porch had a gate so that they were contained, and we took advantage of that alot.  I'm pretty sure they like being rinsed off by the hose just as much as they liked being in the ocean.






As I was getting ready for dinner Friday night, I took my rings off and put them on the table so that I could put lotion on. I ended up not putting them back on until last minute. Mr. Hunt had put a BRAND NEW ring right next to mine. He bought me a one year anniversary band! When we went ring shopping for the wedding bands, I told him that I wanted the same band one day. He mentioned me having it for our one year anniversary, but then we decided that we needed the money for Jane instead. He said that he would get it for my "push present" which is a present that husbands get their wives for pushing that little baby out. I was fine with that. We decided not to get gifts for each other, the trip was the gift. Well, Mr. Hunt had secretly been saving money in a different account that I don't look at alot and had bought it for me. I was so happy, but also sad because I didn't have anything for him. I almost cried...go figure. I love my new ring though. Its the band on top of the engagement ring. The band on the bottom is my wedding band. I wont ever forget which is which though, because we both got our wedding band engraved.


After the excitement went down from the ring, Mr. Hunt and I got all dressed up and ready to go to The Rainforest Cafe. We went to a Rainforest Cafe in Vegas for my 21st birthday, so we wanted to go again.
This was the first and last time I straightened my hair on this trip too. Again with the humidity, I couldn't control the hair.



Mr. Hunt ordered this CoronaRita. I'm not sure I would have ordered this for myself, but I was sad I couldn't at least try it.


I LOVE ELEPHANTS! These guys "came alive" every 15 minutes.





That was it for Friday.

This post is getting extra long now, so I split it in two. Come back for tomorrow for part two.

Love,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting