Tuesday, June 7, 2011

"Sports" Girl I am Not!

So within the years of my life, I have slowly realized that I'm not a very "sportsy" girl. I tried, I really did try!




When I was younger, I was always involved in dance, which was pretty much a year round thing, but I also tried a few other sports. One was soccer. I'm not sure but I think I wanted to try that because my friend Tatiana was really good, and I thought I could be too. We were the green team that year, and sadly, we didn't win one game. That put a bad taste in my mouth for soccer, and I didn't play another year. All I can really remember were the snacks at the end of the game, thinking I was cool with shin guards, and this "manly" looking girl on one of the teams. She was the goaly, and everyone, I mean EVERYONE was scared of her. So that was that with soccer.


Then I thought that I wanted to play basketball. Really I think I just wanted a basketball goal in my driveway and if I remember, I think my dad said that he would only get me one if I played basketball. It only made sense too because I am/was tall. That year we were the grey team. I remember being so upset that i was on the grey team. It was such a boring color. It was the grey that is so light, it almost looks white. The other teams were green, yellow, and pink....cool colors. Sadly (again), we didn't win one game (again). So that was that with basketball.


I'm not sure if I tried an other sports, but my team would probably not win any games, so it probably didn't matter.


I grew up watching baseball. I think I know everything there is to know about that sport. My younger brother Dylan was/ is an awesome player! His team even went to the little league world series and WON! They were also so good that they went to Coopers Town NY where they played another tournament and got second place. Anyway, baseball looks alot easier than it is.


Mr. Hunt and I, along with Rachel and Michael went to the batting cages on this past Friday. I actually thought I was going to be alot worse than I ended up being, but out of the 4 of us, I was the worst. Rachel played softball in high school so she was good. I don't even think she got one strike! I got alot of strikes! Mr. Hunt was getting nervous too that I was going to get hurt. He kept saying that I was in the "box." Still don't really know what that means! Oops!




It was a fun, cheap thing to do so we will probably do it again. Maybe I will get better.


For now, I will remain a dancer. I'm good at that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting