Sunday, June 26, 2011

Big Boy



So I was reviewing some of my older posts and I realized that I had a ton of posts about Hannah, and hardly any about River. Now I do know why this has happened. Its because Hannah is alot more interesting, she does more things, she gets into more trouble, etc. River is just laid back and goes with the flow.



So I decided that I was going to dedicate this blog post to him and write a few facts about him.



One is that River is scared of scary movies. I really mean it! Every time we watch a scary movie, he puts his tail under his bum and shakes and runs and hides. Its crazy that he knows that its a scary moment. He does watch TV sometimes, but I don't ever think that he really can see whats going on, but I guess he can. Hannah has NEVER acknowledged that the TV is even there. We think that maybe he can just hear the scary music and sense that we are scared or tense too. I don't know what it is exactly, but he definitely is scared of scary movies.



River also has a bad gas problem. He toots more than any human I know. I know its gross, but I had to share. I even get a little worried sometimes about how much he does, but I am reassured by vets that he is just gassy. As much as it is gross, its funny most of the time because he will toot, and then turn around and look at his bum like "what was that?"



I know that I have said this before too, and most people know this, but River is obsessed with any ball. preferably a small one that can fit in his mouth. He will go and go as long as you throw it, he will play fetch. We have recently learned that he wont stop even when he is tired. He has ran so much before that his paws bled, and recently he almost fainted.



We went out into a field that we just discovered in our neighborhood and played fetch for less that ten minutes. It was extremely hot outside though and the field has no shade and we didn't bring water. Hannah played for the first few throws, but then laid down in the grass while River kept wanting to play.



Finally after one of the throws, he fetched it and then tried to walk home. So we figured he was ready to go. On the walk home, he started to stumble over his own legs and was walking like he was drunk and really slow. I kept trying to call him name to see what was wrong, but he wouldn't even look at me, he was staring into space.



Mr. Hunt took his shirt off, made him lay down, and fanned his face while I ran home with Hannah to go get water. On my way back with the water, they were walking home. He was still panting pretty hard and walking very slow.



We finally got him home, and made him drink some water, he didn't stop panting for 4 hours! I was so scared! Now we know that we need to watch him when there is a ball involved, because he wont just stop if he is tired.



So, there are a few facts about our big boy. He is just so laid back, goes with the flow, thinks he is a lap dog, and is a mommas boy! We love him very very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting