Wednesday, July 21, 2010

New Job Update

So for everyone who has been dieing inside wondering about my new job....here is the scoop!




I have left the Blake Hotel to work for a company called Knight Communications. We publish three private publications for Fire Rescue EMS, the Army, and Southeastern Schools. My official title is Business Manager/Office Administrator. My first day was last Monday and I already wear alot of hats here. Here is a brief overview of what I do here.



  • Answer phones

  • Retrieve and send emails for the owner

  • generate sales reports

  • hold a weekly collections meeting

  • payroll

  • balance the checkbook

  • go to the bank and deposit money

  • keep up with each individual sales persons sales

  • take attendance

  • enter in new customer info

  • generate invoices

  • pay accounts payable

  • sign/file contracts
I wont bore you, but I'm sure there is alot more for me to learn here too. I love this job so far. This is exactly what I was looking for. I have so much work to do that the days just fly by, and I love that.
Now I need to get back to work because I have alot to do!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Is that Brad's picture on your computer? LOL Are you blogging at work?!? haha

Unknown said...

Haha I knew you would notice! I was reading your blog and decided that I needed to blog about my new job, and I needed a picture so I took one right then with his birthday blog up! :) Hope you are doing good. Your house is looking great! I need to start taking pictures of mine too...but our yard isnt nearly as nice as yours yet! Miss you!

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting