Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Around the House

Did you know that Labrodor Retrievers have seven layers of fur? Well Mr. Hunt and I didnt know that until after we got River. We bought a puppy book on labs so that we could learn a thing or two and that, along with alot of other interesting facts, is when we found out. When we got River in the winter, he did shed alot more than I thought. As you could imagine, summer is worse, and I had no idea what was coming. Now we have two labs, so it is double the amount of hair. No matter how many times you brush them, it just keeps coming out. Seems to me they should be bald by now.

When we moved into our new house I made a promise to myself. I promised myself I would vacuum the whole house once a week. I am very proud of myself because with the exception of one week, I have fulfilled that promise. Sometimes it needs to be done twice a week, but I let it slide. If I dont vacuum, there will be little hair balls that look like hay blowing across the screen in a western movie. Yes, it gets that bad.

When I vacuum, I have to empty the container after every room. This picture might gross you out, but I had to share. This trash bag is full of hair. I could make a old woman's grey haired wig with this. This is crazy, but this is what it looks like everyweek. I promise. It feels like a whole new house everytime I vacuum and look in the trash to see this.

Mr. Hunt brought me home flowers the other day. I was very surprised because he usually brings me the same roses home everytime, but this time he changed it up. He knows that hydrangeas are my first favorite flower, and sunflowers are my second. This bouquet had all yellow flowers with two big sunflowers in the middle. It was so pretty. I love that man.


When we moved into our new house, my mom planted us a tomato plant in a topsy turvey. She knew how much Mr. Hunt loves tomatoes. It took awhile for them to get going, but now we have tomatoes coming out of our ears. I made a tomato and mozzarella salad the other day just to get rid of some. We cant eat them fast enough. I will tell you though, that these are the BEST tasting tomatoes I have ever had. They are so juicy and flavorful. Im glad that these are working because we tried this one other time and got one little tomato, and then the plant died. Im really trying my hardest to keep this one alive for Mr. Hunt. He needs to have as many tomatoes as he can now before the winter.




PS> For those of you who might look at my blogs and and realize that my grammar is horrible, I am truly sorry. I try to just write what is on my mind, and I know I'm not turning this in to an English teacher. Please bear with me!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I love your bouquet! It is so beautiful!!! Hydrangeas are my favorite flowers also!!!!!

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting