Thursday, July 8, 2010

4th of July Weekend

Mr. Hunt and I had a great 4th of July weekend. We went down to Beaufort, SC on Friday and came home late Sunday night. The dogs stayed home in the crates and we had a pet sitter come three times a day to let them out for 40 minutes each time.

Mr. Hunt and I both had unexpected half days of work on Friday so we got an early start to our fun filled weekend. We made it down to Beaufort, SC by 7:30 pm, just in time for "crack" cake. It was Kaki's birthday on Friday so Katie brought a very yummy cake. They call it "crack" cake because you cant get enough of it!

The next morning we got up early to try to get to the sandbar before it went away. This years tides were not good for the sandbar. We had to get there at 7am or 9pm. It was high tide at prime time which is NO good. We hopped on the boat and headed out to see that the sandbar was practically gone. Its OK though because we had a nice boat ride. Once we got back we headed to the beach. I have never in my whole life seen waves as big as I saw that day at the beach. Especially down in SC. Normally they are tiny. It was really windy so I'm sure that had something to do with it. Mr. Hunt and I relaxed and even took a nap on Kaki's new hammock (that she got for her birthday) when we got back from the beach. It was very relaxing. I learned how to make the REAL lemon bars that night too.



The next day (4th of July) we headed to the beach again. This time it wasn't so windy. We had Low country Boil for dinner (the Hunt's call it Frogmore Stew). It was very good. We had to head home after that.

The weekend was filled with sand, water, good food, good cake, and long walks at night with the girls. I couldn't have asked for a better mini vacation.

Oh, and by the way. I start my new job on Monday. I am an office administrator/executive assistant for a company called Knight Communications. I am very excited to be starting something new. More about that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting