Saturday, May 30, 2015

Memorial Day Weekend

We had a great Memorial Day Weekend. It was the first time we took Jackson out of the house overnight. There was a lot of packing and we had a least one more full bag than we usually did with just the three of us before Jackson. 

We were going to go straight to my parents house, but we decided to stop in at the Beaufort house for two nights since my family had a wedding to go to anyway. I was hesitant to pack, unpack, pack, unpack, pack, and unpack again all in three days, but looking back, Im glad we did. We had a great relaxing weekend. 

We took Jane to the pool the first day in Beaufort. She loved it. I haven't been to the pool with her since last summer so I wasn't sure how good of a swimmer she was. She had the puddle jumper last summer, but still wasn't a great swimmer and didn't really grasp the concept. Since then, she's got it down (she's gone to the pool a few times with her Mimi to practice). 

For the most part, she swam all by herself. Mr. Hunt stayed in the pool just in case, but she was having a blast. She loved the pink "moodle."







Mr. Hunt thought this would be fun, but Jane really thought he was trying to take the noodle away so she started to scream.


Jackson stayed in the shade. We really need to find something else for him to sit in this swimmer while at the pool and beach. This carseat is the WORST at keeping him cool. He is always soaked in sweat when I get him out of the carseat, even after being in an air conditioned car.



Look at the joy!



Its going to be a FUN summer!




 What a precious moment. This girl is always on the go and rarely takes the time to cuddle. She sat like this wrapped up in his arms for a good 5 minutes while I got everything ready to leave. I think she was really tired from all the swimming, but Mr. Hunt soaked it in!



She really didn't want him to put her down, so he carried her all the way home, along with Jackson!


 Look at my sweet babies taking a rest on the couch!


I can't remember what she said she was doing here...



All snuggled up!


We love the sunsets at the Beaufort house. We spent the first evening out on the dock, and the hammock, watching the sunset.


This was Jackson's first time seeing the ocean, although I don't think he ever opened his eyes


We sang on the hammock




Jane got REALLY dirty in the meantime. We told her that if she wanted to walk on the dock, she had to hold onto the railing. It must have been really dirty because she walked up and down about 5 times before she got a splinter and REALLY dirty hands.


 My boys minus River


After that, we headed over to my parents house. The boys went golfing two days in a row and my mom and I (and Jenn came over both days) spent time relaxing and hanging out with Jackson. I didn't get any pictures because we didn't do much but play outside in the backyard.

I did get this picture though, its Jane sleeping in the pack and play. We didn't bring the monitor for the first time ever and I went to go check on her right before we went to bed. Poor thing is WAY too big for the pack and play these days. She was sleeping with her feet up! Good thing we are transferring to a big girl bed VERY soon. Jackson will need the pack and play next!


Jane has been doing WONDERFUL with Jackson. I kept saying that once he can move around and grab her toys, it might be a different story. We are really working on sharing, but she's two...theres only so much she can get. SO, I was changing Jane's diaper and I laid Jackson right next to her. I also put Jane's Lovie and Elmo next to Jackson. Thats when Jane looked at Jackson and said "NO Jackson, that's MY Lala and Lovie! Don't touch them!" She kept telling him that until I moved them closer to her. Then she was content. Poor guy wasn't even touching or looking at them, they were just closer to him than her.


Jane, Nana, Jenn, and I spent a lot of time outside in the backyard. The weather was great!


It was a great three day weekend and it also gave me confidence that traveling with two kids and two dogs isn't so bad....so far.

Love,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting