Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Jackson's First Bath

We gave Jackson his first bath when he was 11 days old. I tried to wait until his umbilical cord stump fell off, but it wasn't falling off, and he was starting to get some greasy hair! haha! So sponge bath it was!

We used the same bathtub as we did with Jane, but I totally forgot that there was an infant insert for it, so he kept sliding down. We've had another bath since then and it was 100% better with the infant insert. I feel so stupid that I didn't realize it. 


Poor guy was a little hungry and really cold. Sponge baths aren't ideal because I like to put a little warm washcloth on their tummies while I wash, and I couldn't do that this time. He found a little comfort in sucking on my finger. 


He basically cried the whole time so it was a really quick rinse down. Jane kept asking what was wrong with him, so it was probably a traumatic event all around.





Once we got him out, we wrapped him in a hooded towel and he was immediately better, besides still being hungry.






Jane has been so willing to help with everything! She is always so proud of herself too!



She also always wants to give kisses, and always kisses his head.


Daddy and Jackson!




It was a memorable first bath thats for sure. The second bath went better because his stump ended up falling off the day after this (it would). So we submerged him more and also had the infant insert.

Love,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting