Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Bad Mommy

Hey y'all! Sorry it's been awhile. We have a TON going on (do I always say that?) Ill have a huge announcement sometime next week so stay tuned.

I have a lot of other stuff on my mind, so coming up with something to write about has been really hard lately. I thought Id give a little Jane update today though. No surprise there!

So, since Ive started my YouTube channel, I haven't been doing Jane's monthly updates on here, Ive been doing them over there. Its so much easier to explain the things she is doing on camera, then writing it out. I thought about doing it in both places, but the redundancy would kill me. Anyway, so if you don't follow me on my YouTube page, you probably don't know everything Jane is doing.

I'm not going to go through it all but I will say that I have a full blown toddler running around over here. She has her own agenda and is a little person with her own thoughts, likes, and personality. I'm pleased to say that she is exactly half of me and half of Mr. Hunt. Its kind of crazy.



Just in the last few weeks, she's done so many new things. The main thing is that she likes to copy things that I do. I now have to watch what I say and do all the time. The other day, I was putting serum into my hair. I squeezed the bottle, rubbed my hands together, and rubbed it into my hair. Right after that Jane grabbed the bottle from the counter, squeezed the bottle, rubbed her hands together, and rubbed her hair. It was crazy! My mouth dropped. She watched me very closely that entire time, then repeated it exactly how I did.

She has also learned how to pop tops off of everything. If you remember, I never put locks on our kitchen cabinets because we are renting here and the cabinets are so old, I can't find any locks that fit. Anyway, she has this one cabinet that she likes to pull everything our of. Its the cabinet with the canned goods in it. It was harmless before because she would just pull all the cans out, put them on the floor, then back into the cabinet. Then while I was reorganizing, I put a few spices down there because we had duplicates. Well, now that she can pop off the tops, there have been a few instances where Jane comes running over with cinnamon all over her. Yeah....

But the scariest thing happened the other day and I just can't get it out of my head..so Ill share it here. We have some baskets in our sun room with craft supplies in it. (You don't have to tell me that I should baby proof better, all the supplies that were in there weren't harmful...until she could open things). Just like the kitchen cabinets, Jane liked to take things out of the baskets and then put them all back in one by one. This was the incident that I realized she could open tops by the way. I was doing the dishes and all of the sudden I heard Jane spitting. She does the same spitting noise whenever she picks trash off the ground. If the dogs bring something in like dirt, or if there is a piece of scrap paper, or even when we are outside and she picks something up. She will pick it up, make the spitting noise, and bring it to me. So when I heard her making the noise, I was sure she was on her over to give me something.

Sure enough, she ran over to me, but her entire face was green! She had gotten into the paint! I mainly freaked out because it was ALL in her mouth! I quickly picked her up and threw her into the sink trying to wipe it all out of her mouth. I didn't really care about the rest of her face. After I got it out of her mouth, I looked at what kind of paint it was a googled if that was toxic. It was acrylic paint, and YES its toxic. Then I started freaking out more, and called poison control. They asked me a few questions before asking what brand the paint was. THANKFULLY, that brand wasn't toxic.

Once the scariness was over, I of course had to take a few pictures for Mr. Hunt. Jane had no clue what was going on and looked very confused that I was running around freaking out. When I squatted down to take this picture, she said "cheeeeese" and I instantly felt better.


Imagine the above, but ten times worse around and in her mouth!

Then I of course just put her in the bath, it was the easiest way to get it all off.


 She had no idea there was anything on her face.


I immediately felt like a horrible Mom. Why in the world would I leave paint available for her to try and open? Why wasn't I watching her better? A million things ran threw my head. But now a few days later....you know what? I messed up. I did. But I'm pretty sure all Moms mess up here and there. We aren't always there for when the child falls off the couch or gets into something they weren't supposed to. As much as we try our best, we can't be everywhere at all times. You may be reading this and thinking of a million other things I did wrong, but it happened. Thank goodness it wasn't toxic or I would feel so much worse. I was taught a lesson and now all things (I think) that she can get into are put up.

Have you messed up as a Mom before? Please tell me yes.

Love,
Jen

1 comment:

Carol said...

Girl we have all been there and you are certainly not a bad mom!!! I have felt that way before too and it's an awful feeling!

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting