Monday, April 7, 2014

Unexpected Easter Bunny

I took Jane to the mall last week so that I could window shop and she could run around. To our surprise, the Easter Bunny was visiting and willing to take pictures with the kids.

I kind of forgot that was a "thing" you know, to take a picture with the Easter Bunny. It hadn't crossed my mind at all. And right when I saw him, my mind flashed back to Jane's experience with Santa, and I didn't plan on putting her on his lap.

We walked around for a bit and on the way to walk out of the door, I decided just to let Jane look at him and wave from afar. There was no line, so as I was getting her out of the stroller to wave, the lady who was taking the pictures said "are you ready?" Then I felt bad. So then I decided just to give it a try.

She wasn't even dressed in an easter like outfit whatsoever and I really wasn't interested in buying the picture still, I just felt bad that there wasn't a line and we just wanted to wave. Then the lady said "do you want me to put her on his lap? Or do you want to?" Then I started to freak out a little bit. If this goes anything like it did with Santa, Im about to have a crying baby on my hands with no help from my husband. I said "Ill do it"

So I walked up slowly to the Eater Bunny with Jane and as we approached I told Jane to give him a high five. She got the biggest smile on her face and gave him the best high five. Then I lowered her onto his lap and she was IN LOVE!


I quickly tried to snap come pictures with my phone while she was smiling just in case she soon realized she was on some strange large bunny's lap and start to freak out, but that never happened.

I got her off his lap and thats when the crying started. As I tried to put her back into the stroller she arched her back and kicked her legs. So I put her back down and she ran right up to the bunny again. This time she just stood there and pet his knee while smiling. Then he tickled her and gave her more high fives. It was love y'all.






Then there was one more freak out when we really had to leave. She waved and said "bye bye" with big alligator tears rolling down her face. It was sad, sweet, and funny all at once.

It was an unexpected visit that turned out wonderful. I will always remember the time we saw the Easter Bunny without even planning it and got some great pictures.  My only regret was that Mr. Hunt wasn't with us. He kind of wants to go back just to see the love all for himself. Who knows? We may just do that.

Love
Jennifer

1 comment:

Carol said...

Adorable pics!!!! Sometimes unplanned is the way to go!!!!

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting