Friday, September 13, 2013

What Skype Means To Me

Skype means that we can see our family and they can see us. There's something a little more special about being able to talk to our family while also looking at their face, instead of just hearing their voice.

If it weren't for Jane, maybe our family members wouldn't want to see our faces as much (haha), but we just love it and do it all the time now. We try to Skype with my parents once a week. We need to skype more with Mr. Hunt's parents though. (I say Skype because that's what we use to talk to my parents because they don't have an apple product to Face Time, but we Face Time with Mr. Hunt's parents).

Not only do we get to see them and they get to see us, I'm hoping that eventually Jane will recognize them more and get used to their voices. With living so far away and not being able to spend much time with them, I'm terrified that Jane will not know her grandparents, aunts and uncles. I know this is stretching it a little. My grandparents on my Dads side live in OH so they were far away from us growing up, and we still had a great relationship with them. Now that Jane is 9 months, I know that she recognizes certain people that she sees often. Sadly that's mainly me, Mr. Hunt, Hannah, River, and a few closer friends here, but I know she definitely recognizes us and feels more comfortable around us. I want her to be like that with our family members.

I'm excited for the day that we are Skyping and she can actually recognize them, say their names, and talk to them, building her own relationship with each one of them. I pray for that. Not only will that make my heart swell with happiness, I just know that it will make their hearts melt also.

Here is Jane having a "conversation" with her Nana over dinner.


Thank God for technology.

Love,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting