Monday, September 9, 2013

The Liebster Award

Carol over at Keeping Up With The Kaune's nominated me for the Liebster Award. I am so shocked and excited! Thanks Carol! The award if for bloggers with under 200 followers (which that's me, clearly) so that people can come over and get to know me a little more. I'm in the same boat as Carol actually because I do get alot of page views on my posts, but not too many people that have committed to actually following me. This blog had always been a means for my family (who once were close by, but now are far) to keep up with us. I know alot of my page views come from family, and that's all good with me. So, here we go!!! 

1. Whats you favorite recipe? 
My favorite go to recipe is probably beef tips. Its good and easy since its cooked in a crock pot. I got the recipe from my mom and she doesn't do it in the crock pot, but with the crock pot you can just make it and let it sit for the rest of the day. Its more of a fall or winter recipe, but believe me, I make it all year round. 
You will need one package of stew beef tips, one can of Campbell's beef consume, one can of Cream of mushroom soup, one package of cut up mushrooms, and egg noodles or rice. Put everything but the noodles or rice in the crock pot, stir it up, and let it cook on low for at least 6 hours. Then cook the egg noodles or rice and serve the beef over it. So yummy. 

2. Whats your favorite hair product?
Well, being a mom, I don't do my hair much, but I have a few and cant decide which one is really my favorite. If I'm going to let my hair dry wavy, then I love a good sea salt spray and mousse. If I'm going to straighten my hair, then I of course love a straightener, I don't have time to straighten it with a blow dryer that's for sure. 

3. What is the best vacation you have been on? 
Mr. Hunt and I have been blessed to be on a few great vacations, but I would have to say that our BEST vacation was most definitely our honeymoon in St. Lucia. We went to Sandals and it was so great. We were still in that high from the wedding and it was relaxing after a stressful few months before getting ready for the wedding. 



4. Tell us your favorite meal?
I would have to say spaghetti with meat sauce. This might surprise a few people, but really thinking about it, yep, that's it. I really like steak and potatoes too :)

5. Dream job? 
I'm in it! A Stay at Home Mom! This is by far the most rewarding and challenging job Ive ever had. I love waking up and taking care of Jane all day. I also weirdly enjoy cleaning and organizing the house. I'm pretty sure I was meant to be a stay at home mom. Its what Ive always wanted to be, even before I was married. Now, if I had to pick something besides that, Id definitely pick something that has to do with kids. I love kids.



6. Christmas or Thanksgiving?
Hmmm that's hard. I love both for different reasons. I'm so thankful for ALOT in my life so I love a day to reflect on that (even though I do everyday), but I also LOVE to celebrate my savior Jesus Christ's birthday on Christmas. I think Christmas will also become more and more fun once Jane gets older. For those of you that don't know, its also one of our fur baby's (River) birthday on Christmas too. I think the whole time between Thanksgiving and Christmas is just awesome!

7. Favorite Clothes Store?
Lately its been Gap, Old Navy, and Ann Taylor Loft. I'm simple.

8. What is your favorite Football team and do you have any traditions on game day? 
By far my FAVORITE football team is the South Carolina Gamecocks! I love football season and I'm so sad that we live so far from Columbia for game days. We don't really have a tradition. We just make sure we are home and ready for the game, every family member in their gamecock attire (even the fur babies), and we are glued to the TV during the game. I mentioned to Mr. Hunt last week during the game that it would be funny to have a camera in the corner of the room to see us during the game. Most likely you will see Hannah sleeping, Jane clapping, River shaking in fear (I think he feels our anxiousness and tension or something), and Mr. Hunt and I standing in front of the TV swaying back and forth screaming at the TV. We don't sit down during the game, its too tense. 


Mr. Hunt's NFL team is the Carolina Panthers and mine is the Washington Redskins, so we cheer for both. I'm just not that big of an NFL fan, its alot more boring than college football.

9. Favorite TV Show? 
Right now I would say Dance Moms. I cant wait to put Jane in dance classes. I'm really hoping that Jane will enjoy dance as much as I did growing up. Of course, I will NOT be as crazy as the dance moms on the show.

10. DIY or buy everything. 
I do both. I love doing crafts, but cant seem to find time lately, so I end up giving in and buying whatever it is I thought of DIYing :)

Yay! That was fun! Thanks again Carol. Yall should go check her out. SHe's a gamecock fan too and has a little girl named Kennedy and she is a little older than Jane. She is too cute! 

I tag/nominate:
Kelly @ The Maxwells
Whitney @ Brewers on the Move
Adrienne @ Cartwheels in Chaos
Chrissy @ The Doucets
Lauren @ The Simon Adventures 

Love,
Jen




2 comments:

Carol said...

Thanks for participating Jen! I love Dance Moms too! Even though Abby makes me soooo mad! Nia is my favorite. I love the underdog! Did you watch Abby's Ultimate Dance Competition? Love it! :)

Unknown said...

Yes! I watch that too! haha! Im a sucker for reality and competition shows and my husband doesnt approve. Thank goodness for DVR! I dont like Abby either!

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting