Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Ariel Feliz

Its kind of a long story how we got here, but Mr. Hunt, Jane, the dogs and I are sponsoring a boy in the Dominican Republic. His name is Ariel.


When I was growing up, my family sponsored multiple children at a time. It was always fun to write them letters and send them stuff, and get letters and drawings in return. Our parents taught us lessons and told us that not everyone is as fortunate as us and that we need to be thankful for everything we have, and to share our blessings. 

Ive wanted to sponsor a child for awhile now and I brought it up to Mr. Hunt. We didn't know which company we wanted to sponsor a child through until one day it became clear. I believe it was God giving us a sign but an old friend for when I was growing up was actually going to Malawi Africa to teach little kids about Jesus through The Children of The Nations. I felt a strong urge to donate her some money since she was taking donations for her trip. In order for me to be able to donate, I had to sign up for The Children of The Nations website. Then of course I received emails and stuff in the mail. One day while going through the mail, it hit me, this is where we should sponsor a child. So Mr. Hunt and I looked through the website and did our research on how everything worked and then picked our kid. 

It was so fun reading about all the kids and seeing their precious faces. We started to feel bad about picking and choosing which one we wanted to sponsor so we decided to do a random pick. We looked to see how many pages of kids there were and we went to random.org and let it choose which page for us. Then we saw that there were 9 kids on a page and we did the random selection again which brought us to Ariel. 

We are waiting right now for some pictures of us that I printed to come in the mail so that we can write him our first letter and send some pictures of us. We cant wait to hear from him and learn more about him. I'm hoping that this relationship will be fulfilling for him and also us. I believe that we will both find benefits from this. 

I like that The Children of The Nations also offers trips to go meet your child in person. I think that's awesome! Right now though, we are just excited to see where God leads us in this journey. I think our hearts will be full and I hope that Ariel's will be too. 

I hope to share more info about him soon on here, but like I said, we don't know much either at this point and we just cant wait to hear from him. 

Love
The Hunts

1 comment:

Carol said...

Love this post! What a great idea! :) You are going to make such a difference in his life!

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting