Thursday, August 8, 2013

It All Happened Overnight

Besides updating y'all randomly here and there and Jane's monthly updates, I really haven't talked about the things Jane is up to. You know why? Because I swear all of this happened overnight!

One day I heard Jane making noise in her crib and looked at the monitor to see this.


(Oh and if you've ever wondered why our house is so hot from the monitor saying it 78 degrees, that thing is WAY off)

Most things Jane does I know are coming. It seems like days go by that she is almost doing something, but I didn't see this one coming. For some reason, I thought it would be awhile before she could go from laying down to sitting up on her own. But I guess not. 






She matched the sheets this day!


She is crawling everywhere! She crawls on her hands and knees and still does the inch worm too.





I can no longer sit her somewhere and know she will stay put. She does not like to sit still. I find myself wondering if this is just a phase since she just discovered she can go wherever she wants, and one day she will want to sit and play nicely and stay in one spot. Right now, I don't see that in our future.






She loves to go wherever the dogs are. I know she is chasing the dogs whenever she is squealing. She screams so loud on her way to play with them. 




They are so good with her. They let her climb on them, pull their hair, and play with their tails. And if for some reason they aren't in the mood, they just get up and walk away, then Jane just follows.



She somehow finds everything she isn't supposed to have. Sometimes I have to take stuff away (dangerous stuff) and other times I let her explore, like tearing up the mail and notepad. I really need to start baby proofing more. We have the outlets covered, but that's about it.




She doesn't ever want to stay seated or strapped in anywhere. If the stroller or car is moving she does great, but as soon as we are stopped, she wants out. So we find ourselves taking her out to sit on benches and trying our best to keep her seated in the grocery cart.


Look you guys! She totally looks like a little girl and not a baby in the picture. Just chillin in the cart. 


She is in the big girl tub now, no more baby tub. It was way more dangerous with her in the baby one since she was constantly trying to get out. She absolutely loves being able to explore in the tub now.


 She knows what to do when I say splash and loves splashing! She also tries to stick her head under that water, shes a water baby.




Shes a pro at drinking out of her sippy cup and is eating so many finger foods. In fact, if there is food on her tray, she doesn't want anything to do with me feeding her the purees. I have to wait until she eats everything on her tray on her own first. Ugh, shes getting so big!


The most recent scariest thing is that she pulls up to stand on everything! UGH! Reasons I'm freaking out!

#1: She is growing too fast
#2: She is so wobbly and I'm constantly scared she will fall
#3: Now I REALLY have to be RIGHT there 24/7


She pulls up on the ottoman, the kitchen chairs, the brick ledge in the family room, our legs, the window sill, and pretty much anywhere!


Scariest so far is the mirror in our room because it falls down if she puts too much pressure on it, and the TUB!


Can you see this? Does this mean she is about to walk? I'm freaking out people!

Oh, and moms out there.....Do your kids play with their toys? Jane doesn't unless we play with it first, then she plays for a minute at the most and is done. I keep thinking maybe she thinks her toys are boring and we need new ones, but I also don't want to buy new toys (toys are more expensive than I thought) and her not play with them either.

Got to go, the baby is all over,
Jen

1 comment:

Carol said...

Jane is so adorable!I love the pics of her with the dogs! Kennedy plays with toys but two of her favorites are not even really "toys." One is an old remote control that doesn't work anymore and another is a small water bottle. She loves to shake the water bottle and watch the water. She also loves this phone that we got her that each button makes an animal sound. I really want to get her one of those activity tables that she can pull up on.

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting